No love lost

By burn in hell - 25/09/2012 21:28 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, my estranged mother texted me saying, "Gran died, LOL." My grandmother and I were fairly close, so I was shocked and disgusted. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked if she knew what "LOL" meant. She did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 015
You deserved it 1 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It stands for Little Old Lady. Everyone knows that!

epikarugger05 1

That sucks, OP. I'm truly sorry for your loss. :(

Comments

There are two possibilities. 1: She's one of those older people who think LOL means "Lots of love". 2: She's a goddamn, heartless, soulless bitch. Sorry for your loss, OP.

OP , your mother sounds like a cold blooded bitch. For your own mother to say that is truly shocking . It doesn't shock me that you have nothing to do with her. I hope you deal with your grandmother passing well. Feel better OP.

Wow, that's cold. So sorry for your loss OP, I know what that feels like. FYL

UltimateGIRness 16

75-is that you in the pic?if so you are beautiful

Wii624 5

Ok, first let me start off by saying to all “older” people that LOL does in fact mean “Laugh out Loud” and not “Lots of Love” contrary to belief. On that note, I’m sure your mother meant “Lots of Love” did you tell her that LOL means laugh out loud? If you just asked her if she knows what LOL means than I’m wagering to believe she thinks it means “Lots of Love” like most older people believe.

kittykatkassie 6

Why don't you read the whole fml. Bc she did ask her mom if she knew what it meant. Did you even read it??

I can't even think of anything witty to say about that. That's just ****** up.

But do you know what it means to her? It' has changed meanings over time. If she knew it stood for "Laughs out Loud" then that's just messed up!

Read the FML again. She asked if her mom knew what it meant and she did.

I'm sorry for your loss and the fact you have to deal with your mother..