No love lost

By burn in hell - 25/09/2012 21:28 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, my estranged mother texted me saying, "Gran died, LOL." My grandmother and I were fairly close, so I was shocked and disgusted. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked if she knew what "LOL" meant. She did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 015
You deserved it 1 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It stands for Little Old Lady. Everyone knows that!

epikarugger05 1

That sucks, OP. I'm truly sorry for your loss. :(

Comments

olpally 32

I'm sorry for your loss op. :( your username describes what you think of your mother. She's cold... :/

A lot of people think it means Lots of Love. When you asked if she knew what it meant, did you check on *what* she thought it meant?

Mearemoi 14

I'm guess she did. I mean, it wouldn't have been on FML if her mother thought LOL was 'lots of love'.

This is how I thinked it happened. OP's Mom: Gran died, LOL. OP: LOL? Do you even know what that means? OP's Mom: Yes, I do. And OP didn't ask any further questions. OP probably assumed that her mom knew what LOL meant, and therefore made this FML, even if she was unknowingly incorrect.

42- there actually is another FML about someone's mom thinking it meant lots of love, just sayin.

daxxbuttons 12

My taking of it is that she asked if she knew it meant laugh out loud, and her mother said she did. And that FML only gives you a certain amount of space, so she had to shorten it down?

ramakanthsj 3

I am assuming it is not her own mother, which would make it wrong on so many levels. Not that it does not otherwise unless they were a tom and jerry In law pair

peachesncreem 21

I can't believe how insensitive your mother is. What a bitch. Sorry for your loss OP.

I know a lot of people who believe that LOL stands for lots of love, just saying.

The person that texted you is a bitch. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope her death was a peaceful one.

Why was I thumbed down if I was being thumbed down if I was being considerate?

I've seen this before. Not sure if OP copied or it actually happened.

OP did you confirm what it meant with her by telling her what it actually means?

I don't like your mother and I'm sorry for your loss