No cash for you

By Anonymous - 22/08/2021 19:01 - United States - Bainbridge Island

Today, I drove 3 hours to the Capitol and back to cash my winning scratch ticket of $2000. When I got there, it was pointed out to me that it wasn't in fact a winning ticket. I'd already planned a weekend vacation at an adventure park the next state over. I’m flat broke and rent is due. FML
I agree, your life sucks 264
You deserved it 1 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why was your first instinct to plan a weekend vacation when winning 2000$, being broke and having due rent?

Why did you not scan the ticket? Also, why did you make plans for the money before you even verified the ticket was a winner?

Comments

Of course you won. The lottery was totally rigged and stolen from you! You won by millions of dollars. You have to stop the steal. Go to the Capitol with your horned helmet and confederate flag and claim your rightful winnings. Buy a MyPillow with your winnings.

Convenience stores usually have machines that scan tickets to verify if they are winners. Was one not available?

Why did you not scan the ticket? Also, why did you make plans for the money before you even verified the ticket was a winner?

Why was your first instinct to plan a weekend vacation when winning 2000$, being broke and having due rent?

Nhayaa2.0 17

It's the rent for the vacation that is due. Duh.

whicks1892 7

that's how people stay broke

if you're that broke, why are you spending possible earnings on a vacation instead of putting it in savings for months when things get too tight financially?

rotflqtms_ 21

Well, how do you think they became flat broke in the fist place? By planning and saving or by taking unnecessary vacations. Don't think OP will ever stop being flat broke the way they are with money. OP spends money before they even have it... Saving? Ha!!! Not OP!

whicks1892 7

that's smart. people stay broke by bad financial planning

If you're flat broke, the expected $2k should have been going into a savings account as an emergency fund. That, or investing it into increasing your income.