Nice try

By anonymous - 29/06/2010 02:21 - United States

Today, a cute thirty-ish chick walked into the bar I work in. I asked her for her license to make her feel young. She didn't have her license on her and started yelling about how stupid it was to even ask, when she obviously was old enough to drink. She then got up and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 684
You deserved it 12 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you'll never see yer again so don't worry about it

She probably doesn't want you to know her age, much like every woman on this planet. FYL and YKDI

Comments

It's a law in most states that if you look under (insert age determined by state here), they must ask for your ID. It's a standing rule in a lot of places that they card everyone, just in case they're being inspected that day. My parents are both 60 and they still get carded, because businesses want to be 10000% assured that they're doing everything legally. If they serve without ID, they could potentially lose their license to serve alcohol. She flipped out on you for doing her job? Crazy twat. I'd have told the manager to ban her ass from the bar for a good long while.

Err. "...flipped out on you for doing YOUR job..." Yeah, that's what I get for being on FML between classes.

FMLcommenterGIRL 0
FMLcommenterGIRL 0

You deserved it. I hate it when people automatically assume 30-ish is old. Seriously. You were trying to make her feel young? Try trying to be condescending. I get that carding people is part of your job. But your job is to card people to make sure they're of age. Not to "make them feel young". Did she look depressed about her age?

As someone who hasn't been carded since she was 21... If I was in my 30s and LOOKED like I was in my 30s - I would've been annoyed, too. I would have assumed you were just trying to give me a hard time, which is what that lady probably thought.

hyoid 2

chances are she was underaged and that is your job to card people. some 20 year olds look 30ish. brush it off and next time think

keenster 0

ummm it's illegal to fo into a bar without a license anyway. she is an idiot! oh well people come and go

I'm sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. Legally, aren't everyone supposed to show you their license to buy a drink? Plus, you were trying to be friendly, so don't let it get you down. She probably had a bad day, hence wanting to get drunk alone, and then unfortunately, took it out on you.

tboudre 0

nice try. maybe it will work on the next one.

yeah. in the us it's law to have a photo id if you are over 18. she would have been tossed from my bar at the door

Only if you are intending to do something that requires ID such as have a job or vote. They can't arrest you just because you lack an identification card.

I won't dispute if you are right there or not because you probably are but I have to say that's very stupid because sometimes people just don't have an ID card, they get lost, they get stolen, and some times you just don't have the money to get it replaced and if you aren't driving or intending to do anything that might need ID it's just not worth the hassle of trying to replace it at that point in time.

Karma is a bitch. But this time it's for smoking. Second hand smoke burns like a bitch, you should stop. YDI.

Uhhh...I think you're on the wrong page...