My little boy

By stubble - 13/11/2009 06:26 - Canada

Today, I had to meet my mother. Being a college student, I decided I was too lazy to shave this morning. She noticed the stubble on my face, and started crying because I'm growing up. I'm 23 years-old. My dad yelled at me for making my mom cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 905
You deserved it 3 486

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

23 is a little late to be noticing facial hair on a man. My guess is that your face was as smooth as a baby's butt through high school and in your early 20's, and your mom thought you were her little girl. She's crying over the pain and expense you are going to have to endure to have electrolysis so you can still be her daughter.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

To be honest, your dad probably feels the same way your mom does and that's why he yelled at you. Parents hate when their child grows up. It's inevitable, though. FYL

Comments

Skull_300 0

**** them...Get your book and pizza (beer) money from them and tell them to get leave, cause you gotta get laid!

perdix 29

i didn't realise that if guys didn't shave, they got kicked out of their homes. that's pretty crap, i better tell my boyfriend that he'll be on the street for not having razors this morning. -_-"

My friends say I should act my age. What's my age again?

skyeyez9 24

some guys do not grow facial hair. Native Americans have very little if any facial hair and african natives as well.

wow O.O none? I had facial hair when I was 11. I'm just sayin'

Your mother is stupid. FYL for having to grow up with her.

yes, because crying that your kid is growing up and yelling at the kid for growing up are signs of maturity

lives_ppl 0

"Crying that your kid is growing up" is a sign that you're mature. First of all, you'd have to be mature enough to raise a child with love to cry for it, and second, you'd have to be mature enough to accept that your child is growing up in order to cry for it. Don't diss a loving mother because of the asshole-ness of the father or the misinterpretation of the child.

Either read some books on codependency, or the book "Toxic Parents," because your parents aren't acting mature and responsible. I can see a mother getting sad that her son is growing up, but then your father yelling at you for it? That's completely wrong of him to do.

Grow a beard. And moustache. Come to think of it, don't wait for the beard to grow, put on a fake one, long enough to reach to your waist. Ask your mother if she can't wait for grandchildren, tell her that you'd like to introduce her to one of your girlfriends sometime. In short, prepare your mother to the inevitable shock of you moving out. Because if she's not ready when the time comes, she might do more than cry. And then your father will slaughter you for causing her that much pain by your sheer being and growth... Save yourself! Against your parents' will, build your own! Establish your right to develop and to be yourself! Teenage rebellion, better late than never!

kcorpetti 0

You deserve this, and every other FML moment.... you actually "decided I was too lazy..." and then, you dare post it on the internet. YDI

Jordie210 0

What, you have never been lazy before? get over yourself.