Mixed signals

By fuck - 18/04/2015 14:38 - United States - Saint Thomas

Today, I went on a date with a girl I like. Afterwards, I drove her home, and we just sat there awkwardly. I thought she wanted to kiss me but was nervous, so I jokingly said, "What're you waiting for? Christmas?" I guess she took that as a "Get the hell out", because she broke into tears and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 562
You deserved it 35 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wrap yourself in Christmas paper and sit outside her porch. It's a flawless plan. Bonus points if you are wearing a Santa Claus suit.

She probably thought you meant "what are you waiting for to get out of my car" not "what are you waiting for to kiss me"

Comments

Merylwen 24

Well that was a really stupid thing to say. Maybe you should just have, you know, kissed her!

This is one of the saddest FMLs I've ever seen.

Nice move. Next time pick up the vibs. She'll get over it if she really liked the date with you. Or maybe she was looking for a reason to bolt.

amileah13 26

You did kinda come off in a different way. Oops

First dates (I assume it's a first date) can be so awkward... And it seems you're not too smooth with the ladies, Johnny Bravo. She was probably crushed at that moment but I'm sure if you explain it'll make her feel a lot better.

Probably not the best choice of words, but regardless, I'm sorry. Look on the bright side though! If she reacted like that she likely was really into you :) just explain to her what happened, I'm sure she'll understand. Just don't wait until Christmas, though.