Mixed signals

By fuck - 18/04/2015 14:38 - United States - Saint Thomas

Today, I went on a date with a girl I like. Afterwards, I drove her home, and we just sat there awkwardly. I thought she wanted to kiss me but was nervous, so I jokingly said, "What're you waiting for? Christmas?" I guess she took that as a "Get the hell out", because she broke into tears and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 562
You deserved it 35 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wrap yourself in Christmas paper and sit outside her porch. It's a flawless plan. Bonus points if you are wearing a Santa Claus suit.

She probably thought you meant "what are you waiting for to get out of my car" not "what are you waiting for to kiss me"

Comments

HighasaCloud 46

FYL. Sometimes, we don't realize how something we say might be taken by people listening. It sounds perfectly reasonable in our heads until right after we say it. I know that feel all too well, bro.

what did you think was gonna happen? if she was nervous you think that would help?

Why didn't YOU kiss her? You're the guy! She wanted you to make the first move!

Men never make the first move -.- it's irritating but I've rarely been kissed first I usually have to do it... Hmm maybe I'm impatient 0.o

Just man up and apologise. Be honest and say that because you really like her (*emphasis* that bit!), you were nervous and what you wanted to say came out the wrong way.

rinnybell210 16

Why didn't you just...you know... kiss her?

I hope you ran after her and kissed her.

Social anxiety is a bitch. Sorry OP. You can spin this to a positive by confessing how nervous you were.

aww man that sucks... wonder what was on her mind

damn quiet tension can cause a lot of mess ups best way I find to change that is to make a fool of my self and make them laugh or find something interesting to talk about don't be so rushed about that kiss I'll happen and when it does it'll be awesome B)

I really want an update on this! I hope he explained what he meant.