Mamma bird

By Gribby - 27/06/2013 23:56 - United States - Branson

Today, I was accused of shooting up drugs at work. I was only feeding a baby bird that was tucked into my arm using a medicine syringe. I've been smuggling it to work because it has to eat every 2 hours or it will starve. Now everyone there thinks I'm a hardcore dope fiend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 593
You deserved it 8 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I commend you for your care of the bird, but you had to know something bad would happen if you had to smuggle the bird in.

CheeseTron 15

You should just tell them. Its probably better than them thinking that youre shooting up heroin at work

Comments

meggieeee92 15

That's so sweet of you! Hopefully try to explain the situation and people will understand that you're just being sweet and caring! :)

I understand op. You don't have a monkey on your back, Just a bird under your arm.

I love the sarcasm! That's what FML is all about!'

triplebeerox 27

You should call a wildlife rehabilitation center; they would be able to give the bird the care it needs. We once had a bird fly into our window and it broke its wing so we looked in the phone book (this was years ago) and found a wildlife rehab center. We brought them the bird and they said they would be able to take care of it. Maybe this could be an option for you.

Dawnstempest 17

Not all wildlife rehabilitation centers are worth the name. Most of the ones I've been to have been staffed by morons who couldn't tell you the difference between a baby robin and a baby red-wing blackbird with two pictures up in front of them or be able to tell you much about any of the wild-life near-by. The exceptions, at least in driving range; have been too far, and too few. Yeah, it might be okay for the average person not to tell the difference, but when it comes to people who need that knowledge to preform their job successfully (and when the lives of animals depend on it) there is no excuse. If the OP is semi competent, and the OP must be far over that line -- considering how the baby hasn't choked to death yet -- I say they are far better just raising it. As long as they are prepared to keep it for the next decade (assuming starling or some other "common" bird), because if it is young enough to require a syringe to be feed, chances are it will imprint on him/ her and never want to leave.

perdix 29

They probably believe you are a hardcore dope fiend because you think you're a Mama Bird.

1. Show them the baby bird and the way you have been feeding it. 2. Offer to take a drug test on the spot, to make sure they know you are not high on the job. 3. Apologize for causing a problem. 4. Call a wildlife reserve.

graceinsheepwear 33

What if he smoked a joint on the weekend 2 weeks ago? He'd test positive for drugs and it still would not have addressed the fact that he wasn't shooting up.

maybe op is smart enough not to. especially since jobs regularly test

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Drug tests can specify which drug is in your system.

graceinsheepwear 33

yeah but they'll run a general test and then any positive will be cause for dismissal. I don't do drugs; I'm just sayin, lots of people are recreational users and pot lasts a long time. in the tissues.

I say, give them "the bird" for thinking that!

Maybe just explain the situation to your work and show them proof to your explanation. If things continue to escalate from you apparently lying about said bird and still believed to be shooting it up, contact your human resource department if you have one or go file a complaint of harassment against your work if worse comes to worse.

That is the worst excuse for shooting dope I ever heard

Dawnstempest 17

Good job OP. Keep up the good work. Getting up at 3:45AM every single morning for a few weeks to feed is a pain in the a**, but worth it as you'll find out when it starts to grow up. What kind do you have? It looks like you might be starting a flock of your own if it's so young (for those that don't know, very young birds imprint on their care-taker and form an unbreakable bond with that person/ people, considering them family) ^^. Just remember that because of imprinting, and any defects it might have (most of the reason people find stray birds are because of their parents tossing them from the nest at a young age due to problems health/ physically) may make it unreleasable, so you may end up with it fore life (about a decade for most common species). Have fun.

i had a pigeon once. we found him on the ground with a broken wing. he ended up with us for the rest of his days (3 years)

I think showing your arms would be an easy to prove that you're not a junkie...

Sinistra_Blue 12

That's why I always shoot up in my ear....no one ever checks there. Suckers!

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

47--so it goes straight to your head?34----- thats exactly what i thought. if he shot up there would be plenty of markings to show it.