Mamma bird

By Gribby - 27/06/2013 23:56 - United States - Branson

Today, I was accused of shooting up drugs at work. I was only feeding a baby bird that was tucked into my arm using a medicine syringe. I've been smuggling it to work because it has to eat every 2 hours or it will starve. Now everyone there thinks I'm a hardcore dope fiend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 593
You deserved it 8 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I commend you for your care of the bird, but you had to know something bad would happen if you had to smuggle the bird in.

CheeseTron 15

You should just tell them. Its probably better than them thinking that youre shooting up heroin at work

Comments

Bah, who cares what they think. Tell them what you're doing if they ask. You're doing the right thing :)

Can't disagree at all. It's a bird and Darwin's natural selection works well with non-domesticated animals. Just had to add that...don't want to be a killjoy either!

MidnightMusic53 37

While you are right that it is best to hand an animal over to someone who can properly care for it, it is not at all about arrogance and ego. Most people do not know they're doing more harm than good, so I don't see at all how they could be arrogant or just stroking their ego, as you have suggested. Anybody who tries to help an animal does it out of concern and care. They don't care about their reputation, just the animal. Honestly, with Google around, most people can at least find information to help them take care of this animal without causing the animal any harm. I'm not saying it's a good idea to try to take care of it yourself, but if you have no other options, then with the proper research, at least it has a much better chance of survival than it would have if it had been left alone.

chezgigi 7

That's right- don't listen to the 'killjoy'. I rescued a fallen baby bird when I was in fifth grade, and not being privy to all the 'latest' information from the 'experts' this bird also became a pet of the family. I used to work for the US Fish and Wildlife Agency, and had to refer people to Fish and Game for wounded animals. They couldn't care for them, and didn't want to. Rock on, Rescuer!

Poetaster 10

So, how long have you been shooting up baby birds?

You sir, have my respect. I and the bird thank you

You deserved it. If you had to hide the bird: then it shouldn't have had it at work in the first place. Haven't you ever heard of "survival of the fittest"?

aw OP I can totally relate. when I saved my mouse from being fed to a bearded dragon 8 months ago as a pinkie, I had to take him nearly everywhere I went to feed him goat milk from a little dropper. no one thought I was a dope fiend, but people did think I was a freak for standing outside a family BBQ and feeding my mini mouse baby. but it paid off, my baby is a big boy now! hand raising any baby animal is incredibly difficult and I commend you for it. I hope your birdie is okay!

pinguino3669_fml 23

Even though you're trying to do a noble thing, why can't you let the bird's actual mother take care of it?

#62 and for everyone else automatically assuming this is a rescue situation no where did it say they rescued this bird there's a chance the op has birds who had babies and wants to take the baby to accept humans.... I've done it before it sucks every 2-3 hrs but I normally let the parents feed the babies first two weeks and take them out so they trust humans.