Kitchen Nightmares

By cook for yourself dammit! - 12/07/2020 14:01

Today, tired of my husband complaining that my food was basic and bland, I went out of my way to learn to cook using new recipes and fresh ingredients. He complained that I took too long to make dinner, and that the food is "fancied up shit." He can cook his own meals now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 701
You deserved it 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your husband doesn't appreciate you or your efforts in the long run, it's going to wear you down. Talk to him and if he doesn't smarten up, tell him to take a hike and see how he likes his own cooking.

My gf and I have the rule “I cook it you eat it.” THEN we give feedback like cook it again or it was ok. That way we know if we should keep that in our collection or not.

Comments

bloopaloop 27

Funny answer: don’t cook shit and tell him dinner is in your pants. Real answer: don’t let it turn into who “works harder” in the relationship. Then both of you will do less to “prove” how your role is harder. Spirals down from there. Just keep cooking what your cooking. He doesn’t have to eat it. Eventually he’ll start to like it or you’ll start making food both of you like. Or he can cook if you get a job that pays more. All of these are a win. Let me guess... 1-2 years into marriage?

Why the hell would you assume her husband makes more money than she does? And no, she doesn't have to keep on cooking (home related tasks should normally be shared) especially if her husband is an asshole about it : a wife isn't an unpaid maid.

If your husband doesn't appreciate you or your efforts in the long run, it's going to wear you down. Talk to him and if he doesn't smarten up, tell him to take a hike and see how he likes his own cooking.

I forgot to mention, there's no need for you to be the only one who cooks in your household. He should cook for you too.

He could cook for both of you, so he would get to make food exactly the way he likes. Maybe in exchange you can take one or two of his daily chores

What makes you think he does any chores around the house?

Keep to it! he is being unappreciative as ****. btw a little chicken bouillon works wonders. hopefully he will start appreciating that fact that you do cook for him or he won't eat.

You should have tried a little salt and pepper before going full-on Emeril Lagasse -- BAM!

My gf and I have the rule “I cook it you eat it.” THEN we give feedback like cook it again or it was ok. That way we know if we should keep that in our collection or not.

awildwhisper 30

I do the same, I don't get offended if he doesn't like it and I just don't make that dish anymore. We have a huge array of recipes to choose from now that I store on my bookmarks.

He sounds like an emotionally abusive jerk. Cook for yourself using your awesome new recipes. And make him cook his own food.

tounces7 27

Just add Frank's Red Hot to everything. It's pretty much a cure-all. It won't solve your marriage issues, but it will improve your meals without adding anything to the prep time.

"He can cook his own meals now." doesn't sound like a FML, that actually sounds like a win. And really, if he always just bitches about your cooking, well, he certainly is welcome to cold foods as far as I'm concerned.