Night terrors

By Anonymous - 12/07/2020 17:01

Today, I woke up at night to go to the toilet. My Dad was doing his thing with the toilet door wide open. I saw, screamed at the top of my lungs and peed my pants in horror. Now my throat hurts and I'm too embarrassed to look at him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 365
You deserved it 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

I'm assuming you meant your father is Dexter and he was butchering someone with his set of tools. Otherwise I can't possibly imagine what would cause you to have that sort of over-reaction.

What do you mean "doing his thing?" Peeing? Pooping? Masturbating? Reading? (In ascending levels of horror.)

Comments

What do you mean "doing his thing?" Peeing? Pooping? Masturbating? Reading? (In ascending levels of horror.)

Marcella1016 31

I’d like to think he was doing all 4 at once. That’s the only reason I can imagine OP was so horrified.

And to add to the horror, imagine his reading material is something like the Tax Code. "Amortization...heh, heh...deductions...oh, yeah!"

tounces7 27

I'm assuming you meant your father is Dexter and he was butchering someone with his set of tools. Otherwise I can't possibly imagine what would cause you to have that sort of over-reaction.

Marcella1016 31

It’s more likely the dad is the one embarrassed to speak to OP. He probably never realized he made such a drama queen.

What is wrong with you? Overreacting a bit aren't you? ydi

Win 9

When someone wakes up, that’s one of the last things they expect so I can understand why you were thrown off guard. Don’t listen to the others, they seem to lack empathy and understanding. Everyone has their own reactions, especially if it’s a random shock right after waking up. Some people are just bitter on these posts these days. XD

Marcella1016 31

Screaming and peeing herself was understandable - she was startled. Being unable to make eye contact with her dad later was a little weird and what seemed over the top. Idk maybe I forgot what it’s like to be a teenager. But don’t worry, OP, everything will get back to normal and your dad should understand. You’ll laugh about this later. I walked in on both my brother and my stepdad (separately) when I was probably between 10 and 13 and it wasn’t the end of the world. It left such a small impression I don’t even remember the exact age I was at the time lol

If she thought it was a stranger, then that would be more understandable. Her knowing it was her dad the whole time makes it an overreaction. Yeah it def would be a horrific site to see but a gasp of shock and getting away from the area would seem like the more normal reaction. Anyone else hearing that would probably think she was in danger.

Win 9

I disagree. First it depends what OP saw. If it’s peeing then maybe. But I know my dad would yell at me. You don’t know why someone is having an “overreaction”? Sure, maybe they are being a “drama queen” but maybe they learned to have that reaction because their home environment is unhealthy, or maybe people have a wide RANGE of reactions if startled. We are all different. To roast someone for something like this is just sad. You don’t know how their relationship is. It’s sad to see so many people being cutthroat. I would say we need to know more. Also, assuming teenagers are a certain way is discriminating. I’ve seen some shittier adults than teenagers. So I can’t respect your comment for that either. As a side note, if it’s masturbating then again, I can see why they screamed. Also, what makes you determine that screaming and peeing herself is “understandable” but being embarrassed due to the situation is “over the top”? Peeing yourself is embarrassing as heck at any age... so ofc you may feel weird to make eye contact. You’re saying this while others are roasting OP FOR screaming and peeing themselves. There is no mercy. Like it is JUST a startled reaction. It is not a child throwing a tantrum because they didn’t get a Barbie doll for Christmas sort of situation. So again, I still believe many comments here are pretty harsh with black and white thinking. You can have your opinion. Do you. I can have mine which gives OP more support. Anyways OP, that is an awkward situation for sure! Stuff like this happens at least once. The good news is that it can be figured out. (: Good luck!

jfigley 5

Grow the **** up. People do their thing in the bathroom, get over it! Your reacted overboard on that one. The FML is on your dad for hearing a high pitch scream as he is doing his thing in the middle of the night. He must have made a mess too after that.....

Why does your throat hurt? How loud/hard did you scream? O.O Yes that's definitely not something you want to see, but wow.