I quit!

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - East Carondelet

Today, I'm babysitting kids whose parents said they would be back by 12. Its 4 a.m. and they still aren't home. I don't get paid enough for this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 947
You deserved it 2 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's hope these parents are fine. If they are, demand the right payment for the extra hours.

I hope it was just a mistake, and that they pay you a little bit of compensation for your troubles OP! Oh, and you could always raid the fridge if not.

Comments

You'll be right. I'm sure they didn't get to smashed...

I just hope that Op isn't complaining while they're smashed in between two cars instead.

I hope it was just a mistake, and that they pay you a little bit of compensation for your troubles OP! Oh, and you could always raid the fridge if not.

My uncle used to do this when I had been at work all day and had work the next day. He lived by my office but 15 mins from my house. He didn't ever pay me extra and would ask me at midnight "can you stay the night?". He wouldn't have any food in the house, either. He was too busy living a secret life :/

'They're your problem now!' Parents probably.

That goes both ways. Duct tape the little bastards to the bed and just leave... May be a little bit inconsiderate and dangerous but it will make your point!!!

thats a good way to get arrested and get no job opportunities in the future

I'd hope they give you extra for staying so late :/

Let's hope these parents are fine. If they are, demand the right payment for the extra hours.

I hope they didn't have an accident.

Pretty irresponsible parents, you'd think they want to know how their kids are doing.

12AM? You never know what loopholes those sneaky parents use.

12 am is... Nvm. If I even have to explain.

leogachi 15

I think he was asking if the parents specifically said 12am.

I hope the pay you extra. If not, you can always raid the fridge or the alcohol cabanet. Just saying.

leogachi 15

Raiding the fridge is fine, but if you want to be compensated fairly you shouldn't steal the alcohol. (And if you're looking after kids, you shouldn't be drinking anyway.)

I didn't think about it that way. In my country some of the babysitters actualy take the kids with them and go out clubbing and just before the parents get home they put the kids to bed.

Xobubblyxo 23

You should double your rate for those extra hours. FYL OP- hope the kid wasn't too much of a brat.