How could you?

By Lolzords - 14/09/2010 10:44 - United Kingdom

Today, I was walking down the stairs holding a glass of water, when I tripped. I don't know what hurts more, that I'm still picking glass out of my hand or that my mum is still ranting about the water I'd spilt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 795
You deserved it 2 744

Same thing different taste

Comments

"I don't know what hurts more, that I'm still picking glass out of my hand or that my mum is still ranting about the water I'd spilled." Are you serious? Of course the glass hurts more!! How is your mother's pointless yelling even comparable to glass in your hand.. Jeez I do agree with 8 though, not the therapy part but your mother should be more concerned about you than spilled water.

chuy92 0

exactly, how can the two even be compared??

#13 I'm sure the OP knows that having glass in their hand hurts more than being yelled at by their mother. I think they were just looking for a "creative" way to word the FML and it ended up sounding slightly questionable.

sevans 0

I believe the op means is once is worse the physical pain of the glass which can end by the end of the night or the fact his/her mom cares more about spilled water than his/her well being. so in my eyes it's kinda of a mental type pain (think outside the box) and btw to the op YDI for being clumsy.

joa76 3

That depends on the yelling and how long it's been. If their mom is berating them (not just yelling about the water itself, but insulting them personally), which is probably the case if she's making that big of a deal about spilled WATER, it probably is a bigger deal than the glass, particularly if it's part of a long history of verbal abuse. Emotional pain can be much more significant than physical pain sometimes.

ohhey guys, I didn't know you could send messages to people o n fml? how ? :S

As far as I know, it's only on the website.

Log into the website and look under your account info on the right. Click messages and fire away.

like_its_ya_bday 0

I did the same thing the other day

That poor poor glass.. Not only do you break it but you force it to go inside of you.. Thats called rape man. The pain and blood just means it gave you something. :-P

WIN WIN WIN I think that's enough… no actually, an extra WINx1000000000 there I think that should be just fine to last you just how much that joke will last in my head

That's mothers for you. My mom moved to California and now I'm thankfully across the country in NY. But the problems don't escape still unfortunately

sweetTnt_fml 0

You Know What I Call People Like You Right??

Spilt is correct in the OP's region. Its just British-English as opposed to the American-English you're used to seeing everyday.

people spell things differently in different countries way to fail at trying to look smart!

people spell things differently in different countries way to fail at trying to look smart!

OP, FYL. This is absolutely something that would happen to me, mom included. :/ Sorry about your hand and your mom, I know it sucks.

Sounds like my mom when she's having a rotten day.