Hidden

By Anonymous - 30/05/2013 12:40 - Australia - Mooroolbark

Today, the doorbell rang. I saw my incredibly overbearing mum's car outside, so I stayed quiet and tried to sneak upstairs. As I crawled through the hallway, commando style, I realised the door blinds were still out for cleaning. If scowls could kill, I'd be roasting in Hell right now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 163
You deserved it 11 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going "commando" has two different meanings. I'm hoping to god that you meant both meanings simultaneously because that makes the story even better.

However you have to agree picturing this scenario is really quite amusing

Comments

I see so many people saying it's deserved, but no one here knows the mother personally. I think that until you do meet her, you should keep your minds open to the fact that some parents just aren't that great. I can say that I do wish my mother was overbearing towards me. Or show anything that resembled love. I'd trade you moms in a heartbeat OP.

mvc3ftw 17

Was it your house/apartment? if so,what does it matter? you can do what you want inside your own place op.

pinkpanther61789 15

I agree with number 49, not all mothers deserve the blessing of being a parent. My mother may not smoke crack or beat me but she is overbearing and manipulative and has ruined my relationships and finances. Not all parent -child relationships are good and that is one of the cruel facts of life and people like op have the legitimate right to complain.

Don't worry OP, I hide from my family too, but for a different reason. They all happen to be crazy! And I don't mean in the good way...

avapaige1234 19

Another FML that needs to be illustrated. Agree or not?

My husband and sister-in-law tries to avoid all unnecessary contact with their mother too. At first I thought they were quite ungrateful and disrespectful, because I would never treat my mother like them, but after getting to know my mother-in-law, I can fully understand why. Overbearing can mean caring and loving, but can also mean overly assertive, critical, controlling, disrespectful, judgmental, negative, untrusting, and in the case of my MIL, self centered, inconsiderate and dishonest. From what I've been told, my MIL has caused some serious emotional issues for my husband and sister-in-law as they were growing up. My husband is still getting counseled on some of these traumas - 25 years on. I know my husband and sister-in-law are very glad she lives 2 hours away... And the reason why they won't do what OP did is because they've bluntly banned their mother from visiting and have continuously reinforced this ban publicly. Don't know what OP's mother is really like or if she deserves to be treated like that, but it's certainly sad for OP and his mother that their relationship has deteriorated to this. So definitely a FYL.

To be honest, YDI. You should just tell her that you don't appreciate her coming around uninvited.

bmo1013 4

I can only imagine how she felt.

**** YOUR MOM, tell her to STOP STALKING YOU !! that crazy bitch