Hidden

By Anonymous - 30/05/2013 12:40 - Australia - Mooroolbark

Today, the doorbell rang. I saw my incredibly overbearing mum's car outside, so I stayed quiet and tried to sneak upstairs. As I crawled through the hallway, commando style, I realised the door blinds were still out for cleaning. If scowls could kill, I'd be roasting in Hell right now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 163
You deserved it 11 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going "commando" has two different meanings. I'm hoping to god that you meant both meanings simultaneously because that makes the story even better.

However you have to agree picturing this scenario is really quite amusing

Comments

Sorry but I feel there needs to be some ground rules set up. An over bearing-mother dropping by unannounced is really not something anyone should have to deal with. A polite phone call before a visit is not too much to expect. Respect of each other is what can build a stronger bond between mother and child.

You're not that small child that cowers away from a conflict anymore. You're a top notch fighting machine who should be crawling towards the hostilities, not away from them. Just remember to wear down your opponent with short bursts to conserve ammunition, and to secure your cyanide capsule in the event of surrender.

middlenamefrank 8

Is she an incredibly overbearing woman or is she just frustrated by her son that behaves like a douchebag? It sounds like this is just your normal behavior, and if someone behaved like that to me, I'd be incredibly annoyed and irritated.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Quiet_one 22

First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. That has to be one of the toughest things for a kid to go through, and I can see how you'd get upset hearing people complain about their moms. But I think it's important to remember that not everyone is fortunate enough to have a healthy relationship with their mother, and it isn't always the child's fault. There are women out there who really aren't fit to be mothers but are anyway, and their children really do have a hard time "dealing with" it. I have trouble relating when people complain about their moms visiting too- mine lives several hundred miles away and I'd love for her to be able to just stop by. But then I remind myself that she's also not controlling, manipulative, or overbearing so it's an entirely different situation. Sometimes it is just people bitching for no reason, but sometimes they really have a legitimate complaint. An FML doesn't allow enough space for the whole story.

So because you loved your mom means everybody else has to, too? Suck it up you wimp, I lost my mother when I was in 4th grade. I loved her more than anything in the world, but not everybody as a good relationship with their mother. There are mothers out there who smoke crack, beat their kids, etc. Stop trying to bring your problems into other people's lives.

IT is called "grass is greener on the other side". Because you lost your mother at young age, now you think that if you didn't lose her, you would've been able to tolerate her no matter what person she is and no matter what she does. You're mistaken.

I lost my mother in my early twenties. She was emotionally manipulative and overbearing. While I loved her and would never say I'm glad she's dead, there are days when I'm guiltily relieved I don't have to put up with her shit anymore. Sorry for your loss, 42, but it's not like that for everyone, even others whose moms are gone.

I lost my mam six years ago when I was 13 but that doesn't mean I don't understand how people don't get along with their mothers and would want to avoid them.

I love how the comments are all saying how op needs to basically grow a pair and stand up to her. Ever thought that she may be one of those people that just doesn't take no for an answer? I know those people and they will ignore you if you aren't doing things their way and when it's family that sort of behavior is hard to deal with. On top of that it can end up costing you. Friend of mine had a mom like that and he was talking about how he had just finished fixing his electrical issues (this is a man that can re-wire an entire building or car on his own) in his house, his mom called a building code inspector who made him rip out his walls to prove he did things the right way. Then she called an electrician to go and "fix" the "mistakes." This after the inspector said everything was up to code.

Dusty_Busters 15

Hahaha oh noooo. That reminds me of something I would do

imagineapc 11

"Even if she's overbearing she's still your mother." Of course she is. That does not mean that op needs to tolerate that sort of behavior. I love my mother dearly, with at least 800 miles in between us. There is no such thing as "just dropping in" this way.

I'm trying to imagine this. Hahahahahaha.

Devilpuppy0861 7

Ok Buster Blooth. Sometimes mothers need to just back the heck off.

I think if you're killing for your over bearing mom, then things have definitely crossed some line.