Healthy lifestyle

By healthfoodshmealthfood - 17/11/2011 14:34 - United States

Today, after years of training myself to crave healthier foods in order to lose weight, I found out that some of my favorite health foods actually aggravate my hypothyroidism, and indirectly reduce my metabolism. Broccoli and soybeans are making me fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 966
You deserved it 3 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nater535 7

I always knew my parents were wrong when they told me to eat my broccoli!

Lol! I recommend delicious meat and workouts :)

Comments

Hey guys I'm the poster (healthfoodshmealthfood) of this FML n I just wanted to say thnx for all the positive feedback/advice about continuing to keep healthy. I definitely exercise regularly and try to eat healthy. High fivers to the other members of Club Hypo. We're in this together! To all the negative comments, I get it. Broccoli and soybeans won't make you fat by themselves and on FML it's funny because it's ironic. I lol'd to myself when I first found out (even tho it was an angry 'lol'). However, the whole 'making fun of fatties' thing isn't funny. I am recovering from an eating disorder so that's why I strongly urge you guys NOT to make weight jokes at people because it is really hurtful. I know how it feels to be made fun of (as does 99.9% of all people...that means you too) and sometimes people take to heart what you say. You could be contributing to someone's negative self image and harming them even though you are just kidding. I'm not talking about this post, I'm talking about real life. Don't give karma a chance to kick you in the face. Be nice and hand out candy bars or else 'fatty' might show up with brownies in one hand and an automatic in the other...just saying. That said, feel free to laugh at this FML because I know I sure did. LOL... T_T ...and yes, I do really love broccoli and soybeans.

Omg it's that serious?!?! I'll look into it with the doc.

It can be serious, depending on if there is an underlying factor, but don't get really scared or freaked. There are people who live undiagnosed for years (possibly miserably, if you're me. I was miserable when they first found out I was hypo.) They've done test after test on me to make sure my goiter doesn't have an underlying cause, but nothing has been conclusive in the bloodwork. I can't stress enough to go to an endocrinologist. They may know of something that your Physician may not. Though I've never heard of PCOS being a cause! Thanks! I'll have to get that looked at!

And a lot of the time it's caused by an autoimmune disease. It's a really big deal.

85- hang in there! You will get through it and I'm sure u r not the only one who experiences that frustration.

I don't think it was the laughter that made him soft...

herpitydurteedur 0

I only eat when I'm hungry. I feel like crap if I eat too much :/ I wake up late sometimes and I don't get hungry until around 8. I always have one of those nutritional shakes in the morning or whenever. They just taste hella good to me so I get at least 250 right off the bat. Plus in my house, my mom doesn't buy protein too often if it's not for her. And there's a lock on the pantry. I hella want to get a job so I can get a damn minifridge and keep it stocked in my room. I just think it's weird that when I do try to actually exercise I get worse. So I just stick to what I usually do plus vigorous...exercise...in the bedroom... Yeah. And running up the stairs in 3 seconds. Which is more OCD than health :/

FreezeeMonsta 19

just got diagnosed with hashimotos hypothyroidism, and now i have THIS to look forward too?! Gahh!

I have hashimoto's as well but when they get you to the right dose of meds (which took like a year and a half for me), you'll be fine. Just eat normally and watch calories. You'll be shocked how much better it is once they have you right. :-) message me if you have questions!

**** if this happend to me id be eating meat n chips everyday haha