By Anonymous - 01/12/2017 01:30

Today, after a year of diet and rigorous exercise, I've still gained weight. Confused, I went to my doctor. Apparently I have a thyroid condition he forgot to mention, and therefore haven't been on medication for, thus causing weight gain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 916
You deserved it 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kinda the same story here! Only I know I have a thyroid condition, I worked hard to get all the weight of (lost 30kg), but my medication stopped working. Minsiter of Heath did forbid any good alternative, so it took almost 3 years to get a permit for one of these medications. 3 years of gaining ALL the weight again (and more). Back to square one.

Wow. If there's a way, I suggest changing doctors. My doctors call me for every little thing either to inform me directly or to schedule an appointment to tell me and discuss. I don't understand how sonething can just be forgotten about.

Comments

Kinda the same story here! Only I know I have a thyroid condition, I worked hard to get all the weight of (lost 30kg), but my medication stopped working. Minsiter of Heath did forbid any good alternative, so it took almost 3 years to get a permit for one of these medications. 3 years of gaining ALL the weight again (and more). Back to square one.

Wow. If there's a way, I suggest changing doctors. My doctors call me for every little thing either to inform me directly or to schedule an appointment to tell me and discuss. I don't understand how sonething can just be forgotten about.

Usually it's the lab tech's job to alert a doctor to an unusual reading. In this case they should have seen that the OP's thyroid hormone was low and its respective stimulating hormones were high. It's really not something you can mistake if you're looking properly. The doctor probably wasn't made aware of the issue so he/she didn't know there was one until they went back and checked for themself. The doctor can't personally go over the health record of every single patient or they would never have time to actually see anybody. That's why nurses and techs act as their eyes and ears.

Same. I busted my ass for years, couldn’t lose any weight. I had to self-diagnose initially, and the endocrinologist thought I was lying to get those thyroid meds. My doc is now on board, and I’ve lost 50 lbs with the natural meds and proper dosages. You’re just getting started, @OP, good luck!

Lobby_Bee 17

Good luck with your hypothyroidism, it takes years of medication and lifestyle change to get back to normal. I know cause I am battling hyperthyroidism right now, nearly two years now.

Your doctor forgot? Who is he, Dr. Dementia? Doesn’t he have a radio show to do?

FML333ME 7

it's amazing sometimes what doctors leave out.

Another hypothyroid case here- hang in there OP! If you've had mysteroius symptoms of lethargy, hair loss or tons of other easy to dismiss but irritating health problems, at least you know they're diagnosed now.

Doc's seem to suck...IAm Sorry,But you Now have the Endurance you Need,and with the right medications, you should start shedding those lbs. I don't think you deserved or Have a Sucky Life...Keep up the Hard work...it will soon pay off! Have a wonderful Christmas and A Happy New year..A brand New Year to Start Fresh! GOD Bless You! xo

same thing happened to me! I was finally sent to an endocrinologist to "prove I was depressed" I just had a thyroid issue. If you can see an endo I highly recommend it, literally changed my life