Healthy lifestyle

By healthfoodshmealthfood - 17/11/2011 14:34 - United States

Today, after years of training myself to crave healthier foods in order to lose weight, I found out that some of my favorite health foods actually aggravate my hypothyroidism, and indirectly reduce my metabolism. Broccoli and soybeans are making me fat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 966
You deserved it 3 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nater535 7

I always knew my parents were wrong when they told me to eat my broccoli!

Lol! I recommend delicious meat and workouts :)

Comments

CrackerJack127 3

I have hypothyroidism too!! :D

?! MABY I HAVE HYPOTHi...ro...manoid TOO!

According to thyroid specialists, these foods should have no effect if you are regularly taking thyroid replacement and eating them in moderation.

tboudre 0

The gubment has been lying to us because they are controlled by the food cartel. http://www.aspartame.ca/thefda2.htm

You're wrong there, actually. Soy and brocolli are not causing hypothyroidism, your lack of iodine that is caused by eating brocolli and soy is what is causing your hypothyroidism. You should take in a good iodine source, and seaweed is a great source of it. (Vegan for around 2 years, went from 300 pounds to 200 pounds at 6'2" over 3 years). side note, marinated tofu with pear slicers and seaweed is damn tasty.

No. Broccoli and soy impair thyroid gland function. It's not about lack of iodine. You fail.

Actually, in the US, most salt is fortified with iodine so it's def not an iodine deficiency.

too much of anything can actually make you gain weight.

85- Not eating enough calories can cause your metabolism to shut down. If your body thinks it's being shorted it will do its best not to burn every calorie. I would seriously suggest looking in to that. Also, make sure you eat breakfast. I know, so cliche, but eating (small meal) shortly after waking up is the best way to jumpstart your metabolism.

bfftiera 3

**** broccoli is my favorite and I have hypothyroidism but you should have seen soy beans comming soy interferes with synthroid.

You're right about the soy. It is about the meds.

Bludmagnus 13

There is nothing wrong with eating healthy.. but different things affect people in different ways. If you have to take pills or have shots to undue what is supposed to be healthy is doing to you.. it is not healthy for you.