Happy something

By Zebracat - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was watching TV and started freaking out thinking I forgot to wish my boyfriend a happy anniversary. I wrote him a text and after I'd sent it, I realized that the date is mine and my ex's anniversary date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 472
You deserved it 56 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Infamous_Hawk 6

Haha I bet he didn't remember either.

Honest mistake. It could have happen to anyone still in love with their ex....i mean it could happen to anyone...

Comments

Having to remember anniversary dates is lame, especially if you aren't even married. YDI.

Someone doesn't like romaticism very much...

iloveboyswittats 10

It's true though, anniversaries, valentine's day, whatever other mushy love day I forgot are dumb. If you love someone show them every day don't wait for some day that society has decided to tell us is important.

sourgirl101 28

Unlike Valentine's Day, Anniversary are between you and your love one and no one else. I celebrate my wedding anniversary and the date of the first time I had sex. (My husband is my first and only.) Yes, I agree you can show your love every day but if you don't do something special every once in awhile it's easy to become jaded and routines are boring. I only hope those guys/girls that think dating anniversary are stupid find a partner that thinks like them.

I did not say you have to wait to show your love to your spouse untill it's some special day, but I don't get why you are so negative about special days. I don't like Valentine's Day, because then the whole world is celebrating their love, but I still try to make it a special day, with a little present and lots of love. I spend the most effort in my anniversary though, because that's our personal special love day. Even if society didn't support celebrating it, I would be doing it. You may think it's lame, but for me, it's just a sweet gesture. Just a couple of weeks waiting and my thirth anniversary is there. Yay.

#40, I promise I won't judge you for feeling that your anniversary is special. Just don't expect me to remember. I have enough trouble remembering birthdays. Luckily my boyfriend feels the same. Our anniversary is in December sometime in the year 20??.

My comment wasn't supposed to stand here either... Ah Cenobyte, I also have it very difficult with dates, but I can remember my anniversary easily. Ofcourse I do not expect the same from everybody, but I still find it weird if people say it's lame to remember it.

MegamiKaosu 28

interesting way of thinking, to me anniversaries such as your first time(if you're with him), bdays, engagement, wedding day, day you got together, is a day you can keep your lover to yourself. me and my fiancé have a lot of dates we "celebrate" theyre treated normal in what we do but the date is special to us, we mainly cuddle or just be closer to each other. last vday... we slept xDD ALLLLL day x3

DjeePee - Perhaps I should rather have said that it's lame to 'freak out' about it.

I just don't like the teenage obsession with monthly celebrations. Anniversary is supposed to refer to a year, and while I understand it's quite the feat for two 16-17 year olds to stay together for more than a month, it's still slightly obnoxious to see the Facebook statuses saying "2 months today! xoxo <3 love u, dinner tonight!" etc. or how I know people who set their phone signatures as the day they were asked out.

dudeitsdanny 9

^ Agreeeeed. My high school girlfriend was like that.. Even at almost 2 years.. I ignored it =D But, if you think that's bad.. My ex's bestfriend just posted on her profile something about their "25 month anniversary".. I think that's ******* ridiculous. 25 months? It's kind of almost not annoying up to a year.. But a 25 month anniversary seems utterly idiotic.. Especially when she's 20 and he's 24.

ehh I agree valentines day is stupid, and I agree that you should show loved ones that you care every day. however, there's nothing wrong with doing something extra special to celebrate the beginning of a relationship.

doc_j 0

what anniversry. ur not married so im sure he doesnt care or would have remembered in the first place

lidemocr 0

I agree. I HATE when people make a huge deal about them when they aren't married. acknowledgment of the day you met, first date etc is one thing, counting and celebrating the months/weeks is another. IMO of course 

lionandthelamb61 9

It's sad that you hate peoples celebrations of their love for one another. If it makes them happy, why should you care?

yeah who seriously cares?? plus many people are together for a long time without getting married... so they shouldn't be allowed to celebrate? YOU are one of those people that are against gay marriage because you think it affects you somehow. Jesus.

Devin91 20

you need to get over the past.

sourgirl101 28

Tell him it's the anniversary of the first time you gave him a ********.(:

muchagente 5

only the less. if you get the anniversaries mixed up when you're asleep it shows that you're still dreaming of your ex. your bf should dump you instantly. this is a response to no 60.

Say it's the anniversary of you giving him a ******** for the first time, and that you have an appropriate celebration gift for him.

Huh, sourgirl, that was not meant as a response to you :O and of course I hadn't even read your comment.. Weird.

sourgirl101 28

Doortje! Are we thinking alike again? Lol

We are! :D and all of a sudden my comment isn't a reply to yours anymore :O I knew I didn't mess up, I knew it! :P