Happy Birthday, Sweaty

By jezebel - 17/03/2011 14:43 - United States

Today, I got a call from the office telling me I was fired. When I asked why, my boss explained my mother called and told him I was in a "weak mental state." She thought she was helping me get off for my birthday. Now I have no job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 716
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd tell them your mom has no say in the matter, if they don't offer you your job back then tell them it's illegal to fire you based on something your relative says if that fails, file a complaint with the dol

Just explain to your boss that your mom is in a weak mental state.

Comments

at least you don't have to work on your birthday

QueenOfBoredom 0

or the day after that or the day after that or the day after that...

ChinaBabylove69 0

I would never talk to your mother ever again , she could have call in sick for you, instead of you losing your job. My honest opinion is that your mother thinks that you do have some kind of mental issues and that you might need some time off. So what ever excuse she trying to use, is a dam lie.Tell her to be honest with you and ask her why she feels that way about you! Hopefully you and your mom have a good of a connection that you can actually get to the real truth!

maybe try get a physc evaluation to show him your fine? and I'd make your mom pay for it.

explain to the boss that your mother is going down the mentalslope and watches to much tv and gets reallity and fiction confused so the boss should not take any thing she says seriously

I would fight that. Obviously I'd be polite and everything, but yeah.

BlkBryMolasses 0

that's discrimination based on disability. file an EEOC claim.

MyMuse7 0

Does anyone else watch Everybody Loves Raymond? It just seems like a "Marie" thing to do.

ChinaBabylove69 0

I agree with you 100 percent !

kinga08 0

Why is your mom calling your boss? Next time just call in sick yourself and say you have a stomach virus. No way to be productive with that.

Hopefully you were there long enough were you can draw unemployment.....seriously.

Angi95 3

Your boss can't fire you based off what your mom said. Number one he has no proof. He can only fire you according to your work ethic and efficiency. They can't fire you because of your mental stability unless it effects your work.

oblio 0

in an at will state, you can get fired because your boss woke up in a bad mood. and this person's mother VERY inappropriately contacted his/her boss to tell some BS lie. I wouldn't have fired the person, but I would have told them if Mommy ever calls me again, you're done here.

lmao boners! yea he's in a weak mental state if he wants incest for his birthday