Good night

By iwearsilkgownstoeatwaffles - 12/08/2013 14:30 - United States - Mabank

Today, my 26-year-old boyfriend came to my apartment to spend the night for the first time. He brought a "blankie" that he insisted was the only thing that could help him sleep. That "blankie" was his ex-girlfriend's silk nightgown. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 419
You deserved it 4 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Well give him a reason to get rid of it!

Comments

Did he make you wear it? Or did you just tell him to leave?

If you didn't make him leave immediately. You care very little about yourself.

At first I was like "hey, don't judge-" and then... O.o

WorryNot 19

I don't think the problem is that he has a blankie. I'm 23 and I have a blankie but its an actual small blanket. I use it to cover my lower half when I sleep cause I have to have a blanket no matter how hot it is. I think the problem is that it's his ex's nightgown. You should really have a talk with him about it.

So you're saying the real problem is that his blankie is his ex girlfriends nightgown? Are you training to be captain obvious?

Next he will insist he cannot have intercourse without his ex's lingerie..

Maybe think of it as a transitional object? So if we apply psychology, if it gets modified by anyone else other than the person who's fixated on it, it will lose all its significance. :) "Accidentally" wash or ruin it by spilling something on it, or maybe tear it and he'll stop sleeping with it. This technique can also be used with small children once they're mature enough to not need it.

I would venture to say that it IS a transitional object. He could be having difficulty transitioning from his old relationship to his new one thus why he feels he needs it.

#89 if you're having difficulty moving on from a relationship, you shouldn't be entering another relationship. I think OP should get rid of him ASAP, he's not moved on from her and this will just become more and more super awkward.

150493x 29

Time for your boyfriend to grow up and get over his ex! Hope you work things out, OP.

thats a bit weird, why have a blankie when he has a gf?