Glitterati

By Anonymous - 22/03/2023 12:00

Today, my girlfriend and her friends mocked my "fragile masculinity" because I bought men's body wash instead of sharing her body wash. Her body wash is full of glitter, which irritates my skin horribly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 868
You deserved it 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In all honesty, this sort of situation makes me want to just take the term toxic masculinity away from people like this like ripping a toy out of a toddler’s hand and put it on a tall shelf until they learn what it actually is and how to use it. Even if the glitter didn’t irritate your skin, that doesn’t mean you’re required to like the look or texture of it to “prove” you’re secure in your masculinity! Stop diluting the term into meaninglessness!

Comments

Make fun of her fragile femininity for not sharing your body wash?

Now that would be funny, especially when men's bodywash usually smell like Obnoxious Flowers, Musk Tornado, Truckload of Pine or Toxic Cloud of Citrus.

Comment how the only difference between your body wash and hers is that hers has glitter AND costs twice as much and you don't fall for that marketing ploy.

It’s called the Pink Tax if you want to throw out the lingo. Add that the glitter is releasing almost certainly nonbiodegradable plastics into the environment (or even if the packaging says they *are*, most biodegradable plastics still take ages to actually decompose in nature as opposed to the theoretical ideal conditions in a lab). If you want to double down, buy some glitterless women’s body wash in a scent that she absolutely hates and then make a big fuss about her not using it when you stepped out of your comfort zone for her! Why can’t she do the same for you? You’re doing all of this emotional labor and she won’t return it!

or do all that and say the new scent is your side chick's perfume.

In all honesty, this sort of situation makes me want to just take the term toxic masculinity away from people like this like ripping a toy out of a toddler’s hand and put it on a tall shelf until they learn what it actually is and how to use it. Even if the glitter didn’t irritate your skin, that doesn’t mean you’re required to like the look or texture of it to “prove” you’re secure in your masculinity! Stop diluting the term into meaninglessness!

lalalaila777 24

i don't think they know what masculinity and femininity means, every one is made up of both qualities. if they don't care that it causes you physical irritation, id cut out the people who don't care

Who the hell would want to use body wash with glitter in it? Body wash is meant to get you clean, as in remove things from your body. If she intentionally uses body wash covered with glitter, I think she has a great future ahead of her as a stripper.