Good intentions

By Anonymous - 04/08/2013 07:11 - United States - Vallejo

Today, I was stretching after a group run. I noticed one of the girls was having problems balancing, so I told her that I have horrible balance too, but that it'll get better. She sneered and said she had a brain tumor when she was a kid, and that's why she has such bad balance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 335
You deserved it 6 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's just a situation where you. couldn't have known that girl should've handled it better though

Wizardo 33

You had good intentions and you didn't know, don't stretch your brain over it too much...

Comments

sematariux 7

You should of just shouted "NO EXCUSES!" And walked away... Leave them guessing about how crazy you really are.

A group run? Are you in the military? If so I don't know how she got in. But not your fault she probably is just tired of it affecting her life. Sorry to say you might try to tell her that you meant nothing by saying that. And see where it goes from there good luck op

Did she ask for your advice about her balance issues? No? Then perhaps keep your opinion to yourself. Not everyone enjoys having faults commented on by strangers, dickwad.

1jordan1 11

They were just trying to be nice, "dickwad". They were in a group of people and she had terrible balance, op was just trying to make her feel better and more comfortable. It's people like you that make the world suck. Someone is simply trying to be nice and you have to get "offended" over every little thing just because it doesn't mean your social standards. Grow up. When you see a kid getting bullied, do you just sit there and mind your business as well? Because they "didn't ask?" Moron.

Really? I'm what's wrong with the world? You need to get out more! Look, she should have handled her reply better, but offering up unsolicited advice can often be rude. And how does that relate to bullying? Good lord, you're the one who's all offended!

1jordan1 11

She didn't offer advice moron, she was just letting her know not to feel self conscious. And yes, you are what's wrong with the world. Sorry not everybody meets your social standards. But open up your mind for just like a second and you can see that, HEY! Maybe some people actually are trying to be kind and not insult you. Don't tell me I need to get out more babe, I've been out plenty. And how does it relate to bullying? Someone was trying to be nice and got put down for it. From how I see it, the girl who HAD a brain tumor was the rude one. Not the girl letting her know bad balance is okay. I want you to explain to me exactly why you feel the op deserved such treatment. I really do. I didn't realize how blind the world was.

Did her brain tumor affect her manners if she sneered at you for something you couldn't have possibly known?

This is a situation where she should just go and **** herself. I dislike people like her who expect everyone to know they have or had a condition at some point.

Dude, she's a bitch. You had no way of knowing and were just trying to be nice!

roflstomp716 19

lol "well excuse me! bitch."

You couldn't have known that op. Don't beat yourself up. Although situations like these are very awkward.

RKD 23

Don't worry, OP, everybody has done things like that, she probably wasn't offended at all, you are a lot more worried than she!