Good intentions

By Anonymous - 04/08/2013 07:11 - United States - Vallejo

Today, I was stretching after a group run. I noticed one of the girls was having problems balancing, so I told her that I have horrible balance too, but that it'll get better. She sneered and said she had a brain tumor when she was a kid, and that's why she has such bad balance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 335
You deserved it 6 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's just a situation where you. couldn't have known that girl should've handled it better though

Wizardo 33

You had good intentions and you didn't know, don't stretch your brain over it too much...

Comments

You didn't know and she doesn't have to be such a bitch about it. Lets hope the tumor didn't permanently damage her nice brain cells.

U shouldn't just assume. My friend has ataxia and people assume she's drunk. Think before you speak.

This is not really the same. OP didn't assume she was drunk, but saw she was unbalanced and made a friendly comment. Maybe the girl has a lot of those (and worse) comments to deal with and lost her patience for a moment, but I think she could have handled it better. Not your fault OP.

Phoebe_Buffay 14

"Think before you speak"? I personally didn't realize that a brain tumor effects one's balance, but maybe that's just me. In this situation, would you really stop and think "Hey that girl has trouble balancing..... I bet she had a brain tumor when she was younger!"

It's not like you could have guessed her past. Sorry OP

The girl didn't need to get smart, it's not like you were making fun of her for it. You were being nice.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

No biggie OP, you didn't know and that was rude of her to put it that way.

She didn't need to be a bitch about it when you were trying to be nice... I have balance & a tremor from prior injuries-I'm not a dick when someone says something.

captainmpg 9

Well, based on her sneer, she has more problems than just balance. Good for you for being supportive, and FHL for being so negative to someone who is just trying to be kind.

Je9 16

There's no reason to feel bad, OP. You didn't know and you did tell her things would get better.

Well if the girl reacted like that to someone trying to be nice maybe she should get a swift kick in the face and stop using a brain tumor as a crutch.