Good intentions

By Anonymous - 04/08/2013 07:11 - United States - Vallejo

Today, I was stretching after a group run. I noticed one of the girls was having problems balancing, so I told her that I have horrible balance too, but that it'll get better. She sneered and said she had a brain tumor when she was a kid, and that's why she has such bad balance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 335
You deserved it 6 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's just a situation where you. couldn't have known that girl should've handled it better though

Wizardo 33

You had good intentions and you didn't know, don't stretch your brain over it too much...

Comments

graceinsheepwear 33

I don't agree that OP was just being nice. Being nice would be not noticing and calling attention to the other person's problem. No one asked OP's opinion and it shouldn't have been given in that case. If the girl had said oh, I have such bad balance, that would be different.

OP was trying to make a connection over something they both did badly. It only backfired because tumour girl is a bitch. Calling attention to the problem would be laughing at her and telling everyone else. OP, you shoulda just sneered back and told her she was a bitch. Whether you push her over or not is your choice... I say do it...

graceinsheepwear 33

Maybe the girl is sick of people noticing and just wants ro blend in.

graceinsheepwear 33

Why nott just say hey, good run? OP was wrong to start off noticing a defect.

Apprentice4Life 5

Did you not pay attention to what they said? He was trying to find common ground.. An ice breaker to start conversation. No one can tell she had a brain tumor. She needs to get used to ppl noticing it. She'll probably get it the rest of her life. Whether it not a bad day, or tired of ppl asking/noticing, she shouldn't of sneered and been a bitch. She needs to get over it, grow up and get on with her life.

Did the brain tumour maker her a bitch?

thatghostdude 9

And your just suppose to know that? sorry about that..

you cant feel bad about that OP. you didn't know.

bkolek 13

Sorry op it's not like you knew. You were jUst trying to help.

Wow, I didn't know having a brain tumor made it okay to be rude to those who had no way of knowing. I wouldn't worry about it OP, just brush it off. If anything, you deserve an apology

She didn't have to be so mean about it, you were trying to help

Really? I had a brain tumor when I was little that messed up my balance so bad I couldn't walk in a straight line without falling or leaning on something, but as soon as it was removed everything went back to normal. Maybe she had a different kind of tumor?