Get back here

By Anonyme - 30/08/2013 10:59 - France - Ivry-sur-seine

Today, a man in a hurry asked me for a light. Not being able to find my lighter amongst the muddle inside my handbag, I handed him my lit cigarette so he could light his. He took it from me, started smoking it and walked off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 136
You deserved it 35 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Maybe it was a sign for you to quit smoking.

Joke's on him! He took the ricin cigarette.

Comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Maybe it was a sign for you to quit smoking.

Yeah maybe he was helping you out, knowing that you couldn't find your lighter and have you give him your cigarette.

"I'm a joker, I'm a smoker I'm a midnight toker I get my lovin' on the run"

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're just ******* stupid. It was a joke.

football98_fml 20

is this post actually on FML? fyl just because u lost 1 cigarette that could kill u?

Flash some lights and play some tones associated with each light. Maybe it's friendly.

Does it come in peace and if so should we cut it to pieces?

SrakaSrakasta 20

Oh my god guys! You are so FUNNY! XD

Why all the thumbs down? She did deserve it for smoking!

@111: shut up. @124: they made the mistake of using the inb4/prepare yourself joke.

Oh come on. It isn't the end of the world.

Pwn17 25

What a terrible thing to happen! You lost a whole cigarette! And here I thought life couldn't get any worse...

giorgi0202 9

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If she is an adult and smoking at the designated location then you shouldn't complain. Everyone has flaws

He didn't do her a favour, he took one of her cigarettes, it's not like she's going to stop smoking because of that. She's just going to buy more.

Everyone has flaws doesn't mean you shouldn't work on resolving those flaws. Nobody should smoke, even if they're in the "designated area", because it harms you.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I think anyone that smokes knows it will harm them. You know that eating food could cause you to choke, you know driving a car could cause you to wreck, you even know that exercising can tear your muscles. But you still do those things, right? Smoking is bad, yes, but so are a million other things people choose to do, because they have that choice.

threer 30

Notice that those examples are all necessities of life, #73..

CallMeMcFeelii 13

You don't need to drive, nor do you need to exercise. One makes your life better and the other makes it easier. But you don't need either to survive, pal.

Schizomaniac 24

Comparing choosing to eat food to choosing to smoke. Hmmm...

73. All those examples have a very very slim chance of actually harming you, but smoking is 100% without a doubt harmful. That's the difference.

LuckBeNimble 19

101: lolwut? driving accidents is one of the leading causes of death. I wouldn't call tens of thousands of deaths "slim." not saying tobacco is harmless though.

105- The number of deaths associated with smoking is way higher. Same goes for alcohol and that kind of things that slowly kill you.

Ins0mau 20

Every single cigarette does your body damage. Can't say that about every car trip.

flashback.miss 28

he did you a favour, but you did give him a lit cigarette. :)

flashback.miss 28

** as you said he was in a hurry, so what could you expect otherwise. >>''

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

not sure why youre getting thumbed down.. you made a valid point.

Probably because he didn't do her a favor?

@ 6 there is a maneuver called "monkey *******" where you light and unlit cigarette with a lit cigarette. I know it's a bit of an advanced smoking technique so obviously he just didn't know.

not sure why all the females are getting thumbed down in this particular thread....

You couldn't have said anything to stop him? It's not like he mugged you at gunpoint. Either way, it's one cigarette which you probably already got a pretty good use of.

Probably shocked. Besides, once it's in the other guy's mouth, I doubt she'd want it back. :P

look on the bright side OP, at least he didn't mug you for not having a light...