Freakout

By emmey - 23/07/2009 19:43 - United States

Today, while showering at my boyfriend's house early this morning, I saw a huge black spider on the wall. I'm allergic to spiders, so in my disorientation I ran out of the shower screaming, slipped, sprained my wrist, and bruised my tailbone. Turns out the spider was a clump of hair. My hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 916
You deserved it 44 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how can you be allergic to spiders?

Actually, you can be. I'm allergic to just about any type of insect/bug bite/sting. Spiders/mosquitoes/bees, etc. I'll swell up about 2-3x more than a "normal" person would, and the swelling will last for up to two weeks. First time I was bit by a horse fly, I was taken to a hospital.

Comments

intothevoid612 0

Just so you all know it IS possible to have an allergy to spider bites. If you've ever been bitten by one, that's why the bite will puff up and turn red. It works similar to a bee sting.

A Spider Allergy?!?! Thats way cooler than my allergy to pollen!

Because it's impossible to be allergic to all spiders. Most aren't poisonous, and the ones that are, their venoms are different.

LOL, but that isn't an allergy. Bee stings puff up and turn red, even if you're not allergic to them. But if you are allergic, your reaction is a hell of a lot worse.

TisSkim 0

you can be allergic to spiders. I don't think she's gonna get close enough to see if she's allergic to that one, or because she's allergic she is also scared of spiders.

I'm sure if OP was allergic to a certain type of spider's bite, she wouldn't bother to check which one it was.. Essentially making it anachrophobia either way.

YDI for making up a story, or freaking out like a bitch

ihatestupidppl 0

So I don't know whether it is or isn't possible to be allergic to spiders. My thing is, people who are allergic to things that can bite need to learn how to not freak out. Like seriously, back away slowly. It's hard to do, but trust me, it's possible. I do it. Because if it's something like a bee, for example, you freaking out and running away flailing has the potential to just piss it off and make it more likely for it to attack. Unless OP actually has a PHOBIA of spiders, as others have mentioned, then I'd understand the irrational reaction.