First date going well

By johnfrank - 26/03/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I was on a blind date with a girl my friend set me up with. We went to a fancy restaurant and she ordered the shrimp. I told her, "I'm allergic to shrimp, so you shouldn't order it in case I want to kiss you later." She looked at the waiter and said, "I'll have the shrimp." FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 064
You deserved it 35 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thats a bit forward for a first date, don't you think?

It's the guys fault. "In case I want to kiss you later." Way to come off as a Jerk.

Comments

lifesabit 0

Yup, its because the women is a bitch... not because the guy came off as an arrogant prick.... "in case I want to kiss you later?" Who the hell says that on the first blind date? ..... I mean besides apparently many of the posters here and maybe the submissive women on the site as well who fantazise about a random dude ordering them not to order something because he may or may not want to kiss her...... Hey OP! Lrn2date.

A bit off-topic, perhaps, but is there such a thing as a second blind date? Unless you didn't look at each other the entire first blind date :p

zebendyone 0

That was a bit forward, there. I would expect a rejection, haha!

This sounds more like a cheesey joke you'd read in the back of a magazine tbh..

Was this the first date you've ever been on?

walloftext 0

Well he was screwed either way. Either he comes off as forward/creepy, or he stays silent and is forced to reject her anyway even if she is interested later. He could have said something like just having it near him would be enough to trigger his allergies, but I'm guessing lying like that wasn't the first thing that came to mind. Personally, I would have just said "date over, time to go home," and driven her home right then. No point in wasting each others' time at that point.

its possible to creepily mention kissing without being dismissed as an a**. Simply say "In case we want to kiss later." Obv she ordered the shrimp, who wouldn't.

forsalebypwner 0

You deserved that one. Bad line.

people who say the OP was a jerk are retarded! it was perfectly reasonable for him to say that!

But he could have phrased it differently so as not to come off as an arrogant ass.