First date going well

By johnfrank - 26/03/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, I was on a blind date with a girl my friend set me up with. We went to a fancy restaurant and she ordered the shrimp. I told her, "I'm allergic to shrimp, so you shouldn't order it in case I want to kiss you later." She looked at the waiter and said, "I'll have the shrimp." FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 064
You deserved it 35 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thats a bit forward for a first date, don't you think?

It's the guys fault. "In case I want to kiss you later." Way to come off as a Jerk.

Comments

You should had said that the shrimps ain't that good and advice her to order something else. But...you didn't, so you deserved this one :)

After that line, I'm not surprised.... it's the "in case I want to kiss you later" - what if she didn't want to kiss you later? At least you could've gone with "if you think you might want to kiss me later, you might want to avoid the shrimp" before moving the focus off her having to decide whether or not she was going to kiss you. Or just said that just being around it would cause you problems... Also, blind date at a fancy restaurant?! Why, oh why? Blind dates have a very low chance of being successful anyway.... Oh, and #59: I'm not trying to say you're not nice, just trying to justify why you shouldn't start acting like an asshole and that women do go for nice guys. For example, my boyfriend's definitely a nice guy and I know what a lot of my friends go for (admittedly, some don't, but most). A lot of the guys I meet who claim to have no luck but are nice guys often aren't - they're self-centred instead. The sort of guys who never talk to the girl about her, who never ask after her and never realise when something's wrong. Obviously, you may very well be different - I don't know you and you could well be the nicest guy in the world. That's just my experience with guys I know in rl. Most girls do not want to be called a "****" in front of their mum or anything else like that, so I wouldn't start acting the asshole.

lol @59 you should have your own FML "Today, i wrote a long paragraph on FML describing how pathetic my life really is trying to prove a point to a bunch of people who don't give a shit about me or my problems. FML"

isthisminh 0
CPTobvious_fml 0

You are a douchebag for saying such a cheesy line to her. You mine as well have continued that cheesy sentence with "while I have you tied up handcuffs and ducktape" Bottomline: You are a douche

Thats a chachbag line, you deserved that

That's what you get for expecting a kiss on the first date. That probably made her want the shrimp even more.

my boyfriend's allergic to shrimp. you just make sure to drink a lot of water after your meal and in a half hour there's no reaction. so really, this was just you unnecessarily being a bit stupid and presumptive. and 59 - i agree with 100, you've got the cause/effect mixed up. cocky asses become that way because they're already good at dating - they're confident, or athletic, or charismatic or something. then they think they can afford treating a girl like shit - and a lot of the time they can, if the girl's already in love with him. they don't get girls because they're mean. try being boring AND mean - that will get you absolutely nowhere. and anyway, you think they're going to be happily married for the next 20-50 years? fat chance. they're going to meet the one they want and lose her because they're jackasses. just keep on being you. and get a hobby or join a sport or something, preferably with a good girl/guy ratio - martial arts, or horseback riding, or something along those lines. be interesting and engaging, and nice to top it off, and you'll get 'em and keep 'em. and for the record, my boyfriend won "nicest guy" award when he graduated high school, and the first thing people tell me about him is that he's the nicest person they've ever met. he's not drop-dead gorgeous but he's incredibly sweet and sensitive, and that's what won me over and kept me over. i've been in the hot-but-treats-you-like-shit relationships, and i learned. most people do.

That was pretty creepy of you to say that. If she had been into you, you totally turned her off. YDI

YDI smart one...should have said "i heard from people that the shrimp here isn't that great" or something like that =_=