Easy mistake

By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, I was at QuickTrip. As I was leaving, I passed a woman who was saying, "Stay!" very sternly through her open driver's side door. I smiled as I passed, saying, "Your dog wants to follow you huh? I've been there." She glared at me and said, "No. That's my son. He's mentally challenged." FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 004
You deserved it 26 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who the hell would leave their mentally challenged child alone in the car?!

RNCftw 0

what kind of mother says "stay" to her child? i don't care if he's mentally challenged or not, you don't talk to him like he's a pet.

Comments

Renfamous 0

I'm confused as to exactly where this woman was afraid her mentally challenged son was going to try to go as soon as she turned her back. Was she concerned that he might unstrap himself and go for a quick jog? Maybe make a dash for freedom?

I don't think you quite understand what mentally challenged means. In some cases, the affected person has the intelligence of a toddler despite being in their teenage years or maybe even an adult. They simply wouldn't have the capacity to understand they're, for example, not supposed to get out of the car and run into oncoming traffic.

purplexpinapple 11

#109 at least you understand, a member of my family's disabled.

Colosphe 0

The kid is an invalid. It doesn't matter how she treats him.

I would have turned around and told her you didn't think any responsible parent would leave their child- mentally challenged or not- in the car alone.

Hidan_fml 0

Nah, my mom used to leave me alone in the car when I was really young. I was fine.

riceicle1 6

Are you mentally challenged though?

pancakes_n_syrup 0

I agree with #1, why would she A)leave her mentally challenged child alone in the car. and B) Treat him like a dog for it.

Not really your fault if you couldn't see the child. I think most people would assume that a person saying 'Stay' to something in the car was talking to a dog, not a child. What kind of parent talks to their child like an animal? Who cares if they're mentally challenged, they're still a goddamn human being, not a freaking dog. And what a horrible parent for leaving her child alone in the car!! She deserved it.

Am I the only one who thinks the lady's son maybe needs to be given simple, stern instructions in order to comprehend and follow them? Sweetly saying "honey, stay in the car" might not work on him.

purplexpinapple 11

#110 don't worry, I see where you're coming from. These comments are really discriminating.

#11 got it right, that lady is a bitch, and you didn't deserve it.

thedragonsword 0

This situation defiantly sucks, but how is it YOUR life that needs F'ed, sounds like the kid has it worse than you.

eschreib 0