Cough up

By Anonymous - 08/11/2010 10:47 - United States

Today, my friend bought a smartphone and updated his Facebook status with it. Two weeks ago he signed an apartment lease with another friend. Four months ago he bought a new handgun. Seven months ago he bought a new TV. He's owed me $300 for a year and a half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 436
You deserved it 8 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

airball33 0

That's why you don't loan money to friends

Comments

that doesn't always work. I had a friend who did the exact same thing to me. she kept talking about how she went shopping again and again, and when I would ask about the money, she would say she didn't have it, and that she was only spending 30-40 bucks, and I'd tell her "that's 30-40 bucks that could have gone to paying me back. I cant afford to go shopping and can barely pay my bills cause of the money u owe me." she would just get pissed off because she said I kept bringing it up.....she's not my friend anymore. selfish inconsiderate bitch.

Have you reminded him of this? Is it possible that it slipped his mind? If so, YDI for not reminding him. I know that $300 seems like a lot to forget about, but it's possible. I don't like to ask for money that people owe me either, but as long as you don't do so in an accusatory fashion, it really isn't that bad. However, if you have reminded him and he's just being a douche and ignoring your requests to be paid back, then FYL.

RedPillSucks 31

Never loan money that you can't afford to lose. You might try small claims court, if you can prove that he borrowed money, otherwise, I think you're hosed. Especially now that he's got a handgun.

Exactly. Neither a borrower or a lender be. My father put it another way: you found out cheap that this person is not your friend. BTW, that only applies if you've actually reminded him that he owes you money. Ask him if he wants to work out a $50 per paycheck payment plan. If he claims poverty (after all, he has a new flat to pay for), write him off.

BoyFromTheFuture 0

or kneecaps and tell him the juice is running at ten points a week

If it is indeed a he, tell him he's got a week to pay, or it's gonna hurt. If he doesn't pony up, nail his nuts to a chair and push him and the chair over backwards.

afallingstar 22

priorities man...he needed new stuff give him a break

afallingstar 22
TinyDude 10

Although he would prolly shoot u if u ask him for payment, its still worth a try

Go "tap" his knees with a hammer. That always seems to work for me.

go earn your money back and **** him.