Cost of living crisis

By Jaded618 - 05/12/2010 12:48 - United States

Today, my boyfriend of eleven months broke up with me, but adamantly insisted I didn't move out of our apartment, because he can't pay the rent alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 561
You deserved it 3 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

EllieB123 5

Haha, say "then YOU move out, asshole!"

kiakia0131 23

That's what you get for moving in together so soon. FYI- you don't have to listen to him... unless you are locked in on a lease or rental contract. Then FYL.

Comments

TryptamineDreame 0

Lol, you should just bring home a different guy every night. Not necessarily have sex with them, but make your ex feel uncomfortable.

You have no obligation to help your ex out with anything. If he needs help with rent that badly, he should ask his family, or appeal for welfare. He's extorting you, and the proper response is "screw you, I'm outta here."

11 months and you already live together? suckerrrr :P

notsoluckypup 12

dnt u kno not to move in with somebody so damn soon? ... sheesh

vballer123456 0

at least he was honest about the money op

you don't have to live with that gold digger! I'm sure you can do much better! so leave the apartment asap

it's called staying until you bring your new boyfriend over and **** his brains out till your ex finally caves. you don't have to move your stuff and you exacted your revenge on him.

I'm pretty sure he'll move out on you if you don't do it to him first. He's obviously not considerate, and if you stay to help him out, you'll really be ****** in the process. Move out, and please, don't bring home random guys and risk getting an STD for the sake of getting him back. I'd say you need to go to your landlord now and explain the situation, then possibly post a CL ad and start interviewing for the sketchiest people around to take over your lease. You might could find a couple to take over your room. :)

The only problem with that is, I don't see the landlord being particularly sympathetic. When you move in with someone you've only been dating a short time, you assume the risk that you'll break up and things will get awkward. That's not a good enough reason for your landlord to let you go - unless your ex threatens you. (And don't lie about that.)

Just move out and be sure to take all the towels and toilet paper and soap and shampoo and ... You can leave one roll of TP and spike it with cayenne pepper heehee