Classic playa move

By lifesux - 31/12/2009 17:33 - United States

Today, I had a blind date. When I arrived at our meeting place, I spotted my date, because he was the only one in the bar wearing a nametag. I walked up to him and asked, "Are you John?" He responded, "That depends. Are you Jen?" When I said yes he said, "Then no," and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 459
You deserved it 3 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deviliciousv4 0

thats rude. he dosent have to be an asshole.

That piece of stool Is a big old tool And is about as deep As a kiddie pool. He wasn't worth your time anyway.

Comments

You're better off without this p****.

oww oh well if hes that rude than he's not worth dating

Whoa, whoa, whoa people. I'm clicking FYL but there's a qualifier: of course nobody likes being told they're ugly. That'll mess up anybody's day. So yes, FYL. But it was a blind date. The coward's way out would've been to inwardly groan that you think your date is ugly and then pretend to have a good time, get her hopes up, then never call her again. What the guy did was totally okay; there's no sense in going through with a blind date when you know you'll never be attracted to the other person (pre-op, anyway). There is no nice way to tell someone you don't find them attractive. He would not come off as less of a jerk if he had said, "Oh... wow, okay, I'm really really sorry, OP. It will never work between us because I do not find you attractive. I'm sure you're very nice, though - have a great night!" Maybe the guy really was just doing it to be an asshole, but if he didn't like her looks, it was the right thing to do. People can fantasize all they want about finding someone who sees past the physical, etc., but the reality - and it is a healthy reality - is that a romantic relationship requires romance, which requires mutual attraction. They're gonna have a hard time seriously dating if he asks her to wear a bag over her head the whole time. Sorry, plumpas and buttertrolls. The only ones you'll bag with no effort on your part are the fetishists.

i would slap him and say stuff so rude in Somali and beat the crap out of him out side then send my guy friends out him

Wow, thats a win for the other guy. As for you. I'm really sorry, FYL and go find the friend who set you up and punch them as hard as you can wherever it hurts most.

grampa_pubes666 0

OP, you're definitely a "glass half empty" kind of person, aren't you? He let you know away that he wasn't interested, instead of spending the next several hours with you... constantly reminding you that he wasn't interested. I know, you're thinking "but he didn't even take the chance to get to know me as a person, to find out who I am on the INSIDE!" You're right. He didn't want to. He was only interested in the "you" on the outside, and he just didn't like what he saw. Find someone else and quit trying to convince yourself that your life is ruined.

Totally FML for the OP. But like the other's were saying... at least he didn't waste your time pretending to be nice for a few hours (or worse... a douche for a few hours) when he clearly wasn't interested. Try getting to know someone a little more before meeting them, exchange pics or text... straight up blind dates are way too risky