Charity case

By PrayingForMoney - 25/03/2013 08:48 - United States - Sacramento

Today, I was at my job, waiting tables. A fellow server and myself were given a party of 14 Bible thumpers. They left us $9.00 and a mini Bible after awesome service, telling us we did a great job. Unfortunately, religion doesn't pay for my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 742
You deserved it 6 466

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LO388 7

That's why restaurants should include gratuity on the bill for large parties. Sorry OP :(

AHappyGoth 14

Comments

mokielove 10

4. 50 for you and the other person is better then no tip. and mabey they thought u needed Jebus in your life.

Success4444 12

*And (Personally, I would leave it out and just start with the *maybe)

olpally 32

The stupid is off the charts here. Go back to school, you might learn a thing or two.

BurumaB 2

you should have taken a photo and posted it on online (anonymously), you probably would have made the news.

Forgive #35. Her blood is boiling right now. Her fellow man is summarily a selfish idiot.

according to the bible practically everything is a sin. there are 667 sins in the bible.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

i dont think thats how it works when you get paid significantly less hourly because youre expected to receive tips

Somehow I get the feeling that #15 has never worked a job in the service industry.

You have no idea what you're talking about. People in service are paid HALF MINIMUM WAGE and we rely on tips to make a living. If you don't like the system, as I said before, stay home and don't participate. YOU should shut YOUR trap, you miserable piece of garbage!

Do you realize that the server basic wage is 3-4 dollars an hour? They're expected to make that up in tips. Their hourly goes to their taxes and that's it. Tips are not extra. It's what they live off of.

It seems to me that you don't like the voluntary nature of tipping. How about you follow your own advice and stop participating in a system you don't like? I mean, why don't you find another job?

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, finding another job is always easy.

I'm absolutely appalled by the lack of basic comprehension of how tipping works. The next time you choose not to tip because you think "She's just doing her job!", I hope hot soup is spilled in your crotch.

I'm sorry, by law, even wait staff makes minimum wage. You have the right to make your employer pay the difference between what you made and what minimum wage would be. If you're not doing this, it is your own fault and I have very little sympathy for you.

hotPinklipstick 24

223- That's not true everywhere. Where I'm from wait staff gets paid $2.17-$2.50 an hour, and many bosses don't pay the difference between minimum wage and what you make because 'it should be covered by tips'. So please get your facts straight before you start talking out your ass.

but if you have faith, the bills will pay themselves right?

obviousboy 8

Yeah, it's not as if some of the most religious states in the US have the highest food stamps usage.

perdix 29

Look in the mini-Bible! It's says "blessed be the poor" and that rich people have a hard time getting into heaven. They did you a favor by keeping you poor! And when you get your wings and your harp, you won't need a silly, ol' car!

joethebiden 8

Today's hint: Religion doesn't pay for your car payments, but neither does a job waiting tables. Live within your means and take the goddamn bus.

A lot of places don't have reliable bus routes. Where I live you need a car to get around. Mine died and we can't afford to replace it. I've been walking and hour and a half one way to work because there's no bus route. In fact, every place I've ever lived hasn't had good bus routes or any at all.

wannabesinger 16

Wow, you're an asshole. You think that every city has public transport? I've yet to live in a city that does! And not everyone is going to have a good paying job. I don't know of anyone that aspires to be a waiter/waitress, but when you're desperate for money you apply to anywhere that's hiring and take what you can get.

Actually, genius, a job waiting tables WILL pay your car payment."Live within your means and take the goddamn bus?" Bet I make twice as much as you, you uninformed, judgmental ****. Don't comment about things you know nothing about!

joethebiden 8

Or walk. Or ride a bike. Or get a moped. Or a shitty used car. And/or move closer to your job/find a job near your place of residence. Jeebus, people, think outside the box. I didn't say anything bad about people who wait tables or have any other kind of low-wage job, except stating the obvious fact that they have to live within their means, and buying a new car is not within those means. I don't see how that makes me an asshole. Oh and before someone uses the "but in this economy!?" argument, remember that part of the problems we are experiencing right now are due to people who wouldn't live within their means and bought property they couldn't afford, only to default on their payments later on.

56, there are a lot of places where you need a car to get around. And a lot of the places where you don't need a car to get around have sky high rent. Not all are like that, but the few places I can think of with good public transportation are some of the more expensive places to live in this country. The cheaper places are the places with bad public transportation.

joethebiden 8

Oh and seriously, Tupelo Honey, we get it, you're a truckstop waitress or something. Now calm the **** down, lady.

BurumaB 2

NEWSFLASH for #28 and #56: It takes MONEY to move somewhere where there is public transportation! Try being born in a rural area with no money, no public transportation, no alternative means of transportation with NOTHING in walking distance and limited employment opportunities and THEN tell me how easy it is, assholes.

RedPillSucks 31

Not everyone buys a new car. Not everyone can afford to move to a place where there's good public transportation. Please don't blame poverty on the poor. A lot of rich bankers also caused the economic problems. It wasn't all about people living beyond their means. I don't imagine there were a lot of waiters causing the economic down-turn.

Sure, walking and biking sounds like a great idea...unless you live more than an hour away from your job. Or if you work in a dangerous part of town. Or if you have health problems that prevent too much exercise. And taking a bus or train sounds great too...unless you live in a town that doesn't have public transport. Or that public transport doesn't stop anywhere near your work. Or if the hours that the transport comes and goes don't match with your work hours. Or if people would rather, y'know, BUY AND DRIVE A CAR.

If you live in New York City, this might be true. Elsewhere, a car is right up there with food and a place to live. Try getting around the San Francisco Bay Area without one.

When I waitressed, any table with 6+ people was charged gratuity. Ask your employer whether there is a gratuity policy at your workplace.

obviousboy 8

Silly theists. Prayers don't do shit! :P

alphatoomega 21

Guys, can we not get into any religious arguments for once? Please?

Not when the whole point of this was that they left OP a bible and $9 for 15 people... Prayers DO NOT pay bills, put food on the table, put gas in the car, or anything other than let you die looking up. Ive been to church, ive prayed, and i have been handed nothing i did not get myself. So i think people can put pretty much any religious based responce on this one, besides there is going to be a bunch of "don't worry OP it will all be ok as long as you believe in god" comments so it will balance out.

fatcow282 8

I think from hearing u there is a logicle reason y God never awsered your prayers.

226- you just wasted 15 seconds of my time trying to figure out how God's almighty creation if Mankind flawed to your extreme.

Why do you expect tips . If its not compulsory just be grateful you get any .

Servers make 3-4 dollars an hour. They're expected to make this up with tips. It is actually expected for people to tip them 15-20% when people go out to eat at restaurants.