Ceremony from hell

By Anonymous - 12/06/2013 16:27 - United States - Spanaway

Today, at my wedding, the minister forgot to skip the "Does anyone object?" part. My mother stood up and gave a lengthy reason, which caused my future in-laws to start shouting. It turned into a small riot, and no, we're not married now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 021
You deserved it 3 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why not? You don't need to let foolish families ruin your relationship. Go away and get married somewhere exotic, alone. :D

Damn in-laws, or maybe in this case out-laws.

Comments

I thought that line was only from movies?

Why wait til the actual ceremony to vent your objections? I don't get some people.

Geez this makes me mad for you OP. all that money, time and efforts for it all to go to waste. I hope you'll have another wedding (if funds permit) without your family! Sorry your big day was ruined.. Make them pay for this next one because they really owe you now!

DaLiquer 20

And you'd think that these things only happen in movies!

If it was that lengthy, does she actually have a good reason? I hope you aren't being blinded by love into a marriage that could possibly not work out. But if your mom was just being rude ruined your wedding from selfish reasons, go elope. Get married where no one can object and have a good rest of your lives.

bloodangel1973 8

There should be a 'justified parenticide' law.

If "parentcide" means "to have your parents' approval", then no. But if it means what I think it means, then make your way to Elope-landia!!!

It requires you, your fiance, city hall, a functioning pen and the money to pay for the license. You two have chosen to be a family, whether or not either of your parents are a part of this family is contingent on their behavior. Be with the family who chooses to love you, not the ones who were forced to have you.

I'm sorry they can't just let you be happy.

Small family riot? That's awesome...I finallyyy opened an account just to favorite this one so thanks. ...oh and I'm sorry about not getting the traditional wedding but love conquers all...or something like that..best wishes!

...Why the hell is my response here? Must have hit wrong reply button...

You make "small family riot" sound like Romeo and Juliet somehow...