Caught in 4K

By reptar2009 - 02/12/2009 00:49 - United States

Today, my parents found cigarettes in my car. After a long argument lasting over an hour, I convinced them that they weren't mine and that I don't smoke. A few minutes later, I went to work. Guess who decided to visit me during my smoke break. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 423
You deserved it 87 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

glorbnakcs 0
cpatrick820 3

Honestly, who do you expect to feel bad for you? You just admitted you lied. You got caught in a lie. Boo ******' hoo

Comments

Uggghh cigarette smoke smells like shit. Also it makes your clothes and all your personal belongings smell like shit. It's an expensive habit that makes you smell like shit and gives you and those close to you cancer so why do it?? Smokers are ******* lame.

Hermyoni 0

YDI for lying hands down. If your not old enough to buy cigarettes legally then guess what you shouldn't be smoking in the first place. If your old enough then man up and admit it. Stop being a pansy and lying about it. If your parents don't like it and your old enough get your own place and smoke to your hearts content. If your not then guess what your going to have to kick the habit or face retribution from your parents.

kimbowee 0

Seriously? There's a huge difference between smoking and eating fast food. Honestly, I don't give a shit what you do to your body. ENJOY! However, when it comes to something YOU chose to do that affects ME, that's when we have a problem. Smoking is detrimental to those around you, and I don't want someone else's poor decisions affecting me, so suck it. That's why I got smoking banned on my campus. p.s. If you become obese from chowing down Mickey D's, I really don't think you should be eligible for that free power chair/scooter. DOWN WITH HEFFERS!

So it was impossible for you to walk 10 feet away from someone smoking to avoid second hand smoke? You must need one of those power scooters so you can be a bit lazier while worrying about your health. And fast food is as big of a problem, in fact obesity is a larger problem in American than smoking related illnesses. And the fast food point was really more about the safety and habits of children who are fed that shit by their parents and don't have a choice. My parents didn't choose for me to smoke, they also didn't choose to teach me behaviors that will lead to me being a fat ass with health problems down the road.

#99, You comment too much. It's getting boring that you feel the need to shoot everyone down because they don't like to be around smokers. If there were a crowd of 30 non-smokers and one smoker amongst them, would the 30 non-smokers have to move away? No. If you wanna smoke it's fine, but go somewhere else, especially if there are children.

Ok, you really don't seem to get this; When people get so obese that they block the doors and pathways in public transport, then we'll complain. As for the moment, we'll just call it natural selection if they die from obesity. We hate being around smokers because people HAVE been ill from passive smoking, it smells like crap, and when you have a grasping sore throat the last thing you need is smoke clogging up your airways. And yeah, I can smell cigarette smoke from more than 10 feet away. I'm not gonna trail 50 metres behind someone and be late for the place I'm going. Secondly, when waiting at a bus stop or an outside queue of some sort, 'walking away' isn't really possible. So yeah, WTFsGoingOn, revise your arguament please.

YDI for being a stupid teenager who thinks they can get away with everything.

Dude. YDI. and not because you smoke. cause smoking is great. but because you A. didn't have the balls to just say "yeah I smoke, **** you" B. you weren't smart enough to hide your smokes better when you didn't want to tell them and C. you should have chose a better place to smoke while on break. if your gonna lie atleast have good follow through

I love FMLs which have something to do with smoking. they spark the biggest debates ever. well I do get where OP is coming from. it's more of a not wanting to disappoint your parents thing than anything else.

But life is full of disappointments! I'm not going into the career field my parents wanted. My religious beliefs are no longer what they raised me to believe. I don't plan on giving my parents grandchildren any time in the near future. They can bawww about it all they want, but as an adult, I'm entitled to choosing my own path in life. They have two choices: love and support me despite our differences, or GTFO. To hell with "omg I might disappoint my parents because I smoke and they don't approve of it". If the poster's a grown man, that's his choice. I'd think lying to his parents would be the real disappointment. He should come clean and tell them the truth. Having your parents disapprove of you because you smoke, in my opinion, is a whole hell of a lot better than having them disapprove of you because you're a liar.

You'd rather have your parents "gtfo" of your life than lie to them? I think you're the one with the messed up sense of morals.

Yes, I would. If they no longer love or accept me because of my life choices, I'd rather they just stay out. It only takes one lie to break a person's trust. I'd rather they dislike my choices than find out I've lied to them to hide my choices and thus have them be disinclined to trust me ever again. Lying is pointless. It only proves that you don't respect and trust a person enough to come clean with them.

Not as much debate as the vegetarian ones! But you're right, it's fun when FML has something that sparks a huge discussion. It's fun to see the idiots run around and collect statistics.

yeah I get what you're saying but sometimes it's just better to lie about certain things. especially when it comes to the parents.

Orrrrr he could just sit them down and discuss his choices like a mature adult. They have the right to disapprove, so perhaps he can hash out an agreement to when and where he is allowed to smoke so far as his parents are concerned. Lying isn't the way to go, and I'm REALLY sorry that you think it's acceptable.

YDI. Ciggarettes are disgusting and your harming others, not just yourself when you smoke.

Only true if you smoke around others who are not smokers as well.

Moonstarmist 0

YDI for lying. Tell them the truth and as long as you don't smoke around them, there shouldn't be a problem. Your body, your choice.