By sexandanxiety - 30/04/2015 00:46 - Canada - Stittsville

Spicy
Today, my mother was trying to have yet another "helpful" conversation about how to fix my anxiety. My sister's insightful comment? "I think your problem is that you need to get laid." My mom agreed with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 647
You deserved it 4 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

please tell me they are joking. what kind of support is that?

Merylwen 24

Anxiety disorders are a mental health issue. Not something one somehow solves with sex (or alcohol, or drugs). Try to get your family to read on the topic and get medical help OP. :)

Comments

please tell me they are joking. what kind of support is that?

16 was too drunk to articulate what he wrote first time round.

But it will damn sure make you feel better.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Merylwen 24

Anxiety disorders are a mental health issue. Not something one somehow solves with sex (or alcohol, or drugs). Try to get your family to read on the topic and get medical help OP. :)

#3 - Sorry, but that statement is bullshit. Alcohol is the reason I currently have medication that fixes my anxiety. If I didn't start heavily drinking, I probably would've though and told my psychiatrist that my anti-anxiety meds didn't work and bounced around from drug to drug, but instead I was recommended a higher dosage. Presto, no more anxiety. I appreciate the sentiment of your comment, but chemically, alcohol does remove anxiety.

Actually, It doesn't get rid of anxiety. Alcohol affects the brain, but not in a way that will remove anxiety, at least not in all cases. With your case, it was most likely more of a placebo affect than the alcohol getting rid of the anxiety.

It's the same chemical impacting your brain used in anti-anxiety medications. Not at all a placebo.

Merylwen 24

Wait, what? Do you seriously believe that alcohol actually helped you? Your comment doesn't even make sense. Medication and therapy do help, not booze. Anyway, I was saying that because idiots frequently tell people with anxiety or depression that they need "weed/other drugs" or "to get drunk", which never ever solved anything, no matter how you try to twist it.

#21 - I guess I wasn't clear in my original comment, I'm sorry! I told my psychiatrist that I was drinking a lot and feeling better, and that's what led to the conclusion that I needed my dosage upped.

Keep your chin up OP. I know that things don't look too good right now, but I guarantee if you get some help for your anxiety things will be better in the future.

Try to seek alternative medicine like acupunture and homeopatic medicine. Bacopa is an excellent herb to help with anxiety. Meditation and mindfulness are excellent too. Good luck!

If anyone ever recommends homeopathy, run for the hills.

Orrrrrr you actual medication that's been researched and tested in depth, i.e Beta-blockers or benzodiazepine. If that or other serotonin- reducing drugs fail there's always Cognitive Behavioural therapy which can be adapted to suit individual patients. Do no turn to homeopathy pahah

It has worked for me. Have you tried it?

ChristianH39 30

I can see trying it to see if it would work, but to discourage someone from seeking professional help (not saying you did) in favor of homeopathic medicine is irresponsible.

Where did I say that? Omg. People dont know how to read!

danceinconverse 25

I think you need to learn how to read, because if you actually did you'd have noticed he'd put in brackets that he's not saying YOU did, but it's still bad. To quote: "(Not saying you did)" is exactly what he said.

Where's DocBastard to give the "homeopathy is bullshit" speech for us? It's water. Water.

That...actually sounds like useful advice. Try it out.

ya, what's the worst that could happen right? bust that first nut and all your anxiety problems disappear...

ZombieVampirez 24

A therapist or best friend to talk to might work better

And 9 months later your mom's Facebook status reads, "Just went from MILF to GILF in one moment of unprotected sex."