Caught in 4K

By reptar2009 - 02/12/2009 00:49 - United States

Today, my parents found cigarettes in my car. After a long argument lasting over an hour, I convinced them that they weren't mine and that I don't smoke. A few minutes later, I went to work. Guess who decided to visit me during my smoke break. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 423
You deserved it 87 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

glorbnakcs 0
cpatrick820 3

Honestly, who do you expect to feel bad for you? You just admitted you lied. You got caught in a lie. Boo ******' hoo

Comments

sooverit01 0

How old are you? Because if your old enough to smoke then tell them it's your decision and your old enough. But YDI for smoking in the first place. Its a waste of money and basically destroys your health. I hope if you are underage that you will grow up and realise what a ******* stupid decision it was to start smoking in the first place. Idiot.

Tell me that you have never wasted any money or have done anything that could possibly harm you.

Of course they don't waste money, they just have a car. Something that wastes a hell of a lot of money and destroys the environment through pollution, the use of natural resources that are not renewable and are often obtained at the expense of the people/animals/plant life where they are harvested. Not to mention that by destroying the planet they are harming the future of our planet which causes severe issues for all children in this world. But they are better than the smoker who exposes one child and rides the subway :)

How come in America people freak out about smoking so much? People do so many things that's bad for their health in that country, especially overeating. In other countries, smoking isn't a big deal---you smoke in the smoking section, if you want to smoke then whatever, if not, then whatever!

Don't worry. I live in America and I don't understand it either. We seem to freak out about anything and everything here. Smoking is just one of the current issues, in a few years we will all freak out about something new, like idiots talking on their cell phones while driving and causing wrecks.

#34, I agree. As someone living in the US, I've often wondered if Americans know what a "Healthy lifestyle" is. As to why smoking is not a big deal to some people, my guess is that they've actually done the research. We've all heard the "smoking can cause X,Y and Z." arguments, but what can't? Most of the food in America is made using artificial ingredients and/or chemicals that ultimately have a negative effect on the human body, making eating as much of a health hazard as smoking is. The biggest difference between the two is, smokers can make an informed decision, and as long as they're respectful of other people, it's their right.

Americans freak out about everything. Just try to ignore it. We can't help ourselves.

How about you try not lying to them next time? If you are of age it is your business so long as you aren't forcing them to be exposed by smoking around them (which you obviously aren't or they would have known). If you are under age then they have every right to be pissed that you smoke, hell regardless of your age they have a right to be upset that you lied to them. Stupid teenagers smoking is the new reason my clove cigarettes are now illegal in the states. Even though no statistics actually showed great support for the fact that UNDERAGE people smoked them, just younger people who were of age. Anyhow, my point is, if you're underage stop ruining shit for us adults!

Actually people who don't like the taste of pure tobacco smoke cloves. To be fair you seem like a douche bag though, so I don't expect you to know everything.

Smoking cloves is like putting ketchup on a good steak. Why not just skip the steak altogether if you need the extra flavor to enjoy it? Besides, despite your claim that there isn't research to back up the fact that underage smokers are the primary consumers of cloves, the fact that younger people tend to smoke them still means that younger smokers are attracted to them. These young smokers are the new smokers, in theory, and the tobacco laws being put in effect are supposed to deter people from picking up the habit regardless of whether or not they're allowed to legally. Even if underage smokers weren't the ones smoking these (and go to any high school and you'll see for yourself that they are), cloves would still be attracting new smokers. I'm not in support of these laws because they take away our freedoms and if some douchebag hipsters want to smoke cloves they should be allowed to. That being said, you're still not looking at the big picture if you think the law is only in effect because of kids smoking before it's legal.

Not everyone can have awesome parents, some people were born into christfag families.

gelatinskeleton 0

If you are too immature to be honest with your parents about your choices, then you are too immature to be smoking. You absolutely deserve it.

Intellectualist 0

Lol, smoking is for squares, but as I am one of those squares... I'm not one to talk, and I agree with Alan, smoking is cool (; Plus, it's alllll about the freedom of choice...

Friends quote ftw. Oh how I miss Chandler Bing.

Waaahh. Today I lied to my parents because I'm a little pussy and they caught me out.. now I'm going to get a spanking from my daddy for lying to them. FML Stand up and grow a pair! By outright lying to your parents you are showing them just how little you respect them. Tell them the truth. It might not be what they want to hear but ultimately it's your decision to poison yourself and they would respect that you were upfront with them.