Caught in 4K

By reptar2009 - 02/12/2009 00:49 - United States

Today, my parents found cigarettes in my car. After a long argument lasting over an hour, I convinced them that they weren't mine and that I don't smoke. A few minutes later, I went to work. Guess who decided to visit me during my smoke break. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 423
You deserved it 87 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

glorbnakcs 0
cpatrick820 3

Honestly, who do you expect to feel bad for you? You just admitted you lied. You got caught in a lie. Boo ******' hoo

Comments

I've said it before and I'll say it again: smoking is for ******* cowards. I've seen so many smokers lie to their parents, kids, even spouses about their smoking habit. They'll choose their addiction over friends and family every time. Makes me sick.

Dixie_Normous 0

Guess what, not all smokers are like that. Whoever it was in your life who chose smoking when you/your family wanted him/her to quit is just a weak ass panty waist. I've smoked on and off for years and quitting is not that hard, especially if it's for somebody you really care about. Really the only reason I go back is boredom (hey, smoking is amusing) but yea, **** you I think I'm gonna go have one right now.

Personally I am a smoker, and I am not a coward. I do not choose my addiction over my family or friends. For example, my new neighbor across the hall has asked that I not smoke around him due to severe asthma. Have I smoked around him? No. And he's basically a stranger to me at this point. If I will put my habit to the side for a stranger I obviously would for my family. Although I do have to say that it's shitty for family or friends to treat you in a way that either implies or is directly stating that if you don't stop smoking you will loose them. I understand compromises like not smoking in the house or car, not smoking around the kids or the friends who it bothers. However to just make an ultimatum shows that they have little respect for your relationship with them if they expect that you have to change to fit their needs. Relationships are about give, take and respect. Anyone who won't be your friend because you smoke is obviously not someone who truly cares about you and actually desires to be your friend. You sir are a jackass who is talking from probably one or two negative experiences where you were most likely acting like a rude asshole and pushing your personal beliefs on another person who simply chose to fight back against your obvious disrespect of them.

Here here! Haha. Yes I am a smoker and I like smoking but due to my parents personal beliefs I keep it from them. What's the point in upsetting them. And before you all start I cannot move out of my parents house and therefore keeping it from them is win win for everyone.

Moonstarmist 0

Really, now? I'm pretty sure that smoking has nothing to do with them choosing that over friends/family. That would be their personality. Smoking =/= cowards, but whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess.

Not just one or two expiriences, nearly every expirience I've ever had with smokers has been the same. OP just proves my point. I actually can respect the smokers who say "I smoke, even though it's stupid and will eventually cause me a slow, painful death. And if you don't like it, **** off." At least they're not lying about it.

denial! your addicted as **** buddy.

Dixie_Normous 0
rockybalboaaa_ 6

Dude you're just an imbecile .

Dixie_Normous 0

So much easier to just tell them. The age that you have a job and a car is the age that they'll know that you've already heard about the "dangers of smoking" and all that bullshit.

waterynuggets 0

Just how did you convince them they were not yours? A friend "left" them? lol fail.

Smoking is the most disgusting habit on the planet. You not only destroy your own life, but also that of the people and animals around you that have to passively breathe in your second hand smoke. All I can say is YDI. You deserved that. Hands down.

I can think of several habits which are far more disgusting than smoking, but I won't mention any.

Yeah, smoking is way worse than crack. Seriously, I have never seen crack, cocaine, meth, pill popping, alcohol, etc tear a family apart. I've also never seen any of those things create negative and sometimes even physically or emotionally harmful situations for families. Fail. I personally would vote to have lung cancer 40 years down the road from my dad smoking around me when I was a kid than have had him treat me in any of the ways I have seen drug addicts treat their family and friends. Just to state this before anyone says something stupid, I DO NOT promote smoking around children. I do not think it is right and I do not do it myself. I dislike people who do and feel it is unfair. I was raised by someone who smoked around me all the time and I personally hated it as a child, so I definitely understand the discomfort, the health issues, and also the poor example it shows.

And i'm sure you have never done anything that could harm your self, the environment or anyone around you.

I bet she's watched an obese woman give her children McDonalds and didn't say a damn word. Just think of the poor children who she allowed to be lead into an unhealthy lifestyle by not saying anything to educate their young minds on the dangers of the chicken nuggets they spent 30 minutes screaming for in the car.

So I guess that you don't have a car and ride a bike yes? And you don't use electricity or gas yes? And you check your carbon footprint on the web yes? And lower said carbon footprint whenever you can yes? Because I do believe that all of those things harm the animals and the environment and people more then one of us nipping outside for a cig during a break at work etc.

I agree that we all need to examine our carbon footprints and our effects on the environment, which are huge and a sad product of the lifestyles we've been raised to live. But I don't think this is any excuse to introduce more toxins to the environment and the people around us.

some of you are such retards. I'm sure almost 100% of smokers ALSO drive a car and such. smoking is an added toxin, not a substitute, coming from you smokers.

Why is emporer jim acting like smoking cigs is the same as slamming heroin? USI

Heroin is actually a lot easier on your body than smoking cigs. There are the problems with acquisition, injection, and the high being a lot more influential than nicotine, but heroin has few if any lasting side effects on your body. Cigs however cause a plethera of heart attacks and other cardiovascular issues, in addition to promoting many cancers and destroying your lungs.

You obviously don't know much about heroine. Heroin abuse is associated with serious health conditions, including fatal overdose, spontaneous abortion, collapsed veins, and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. While these may not all be long lasting, in fact the majority of them are not, it certainly is worse to die quickly than to die years down the road due to smoking, if that even leads to your death before something else does.

And the elevated baseline of serotonin that affects peoples emotions and pleasure isn't that bad is it? No I'm sure its not.

Oh, totally Alan. I just love lighting the things I put in my mouth on fire. Makes me look mighty cool when I wear my biker jacket and snakeskin boots next to my motorcycle. Oh and my hat. Don't forget my hat. Wow, the amount of sarcasm is killing me. D:

If you have to lie about or hide something you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Wait, don't tell me...the ghost of Christmas future?

lol, what was the point of the argument then?