Awkward silence

By kayin - 10/12/2010 01:59 - United Kingdom

Today, I was giving a tour for parents who wanted to send their kids to our school. One of the parents had a kid on crutches with what appeared to be a broken leg, so I asked him how he broke it. He replied, "I was born like this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 469
You deserved it 6 583

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

Well there's no way you couldve known... I'm sure the kid will get over it.

Comments

AceArctic 4

And of course the kid's dad broke your leg. Oh the cruel irony!

I suffer from 'foot in mouth' disease too OP.

TheDrummingResul 0

why are you fml-ing? were you embarrassed?? get over it you could be in his shoes, stop complaining about stupid crap on fml.. post again when you get dumped and your house catches on fire

You shouldn't feel bad, I'm disabled myself, and a lot of people don't know I was born the way I was. It's a very honest question.

Exactly... they probably expected to hear "football accident" or something, which could therefore lead into conversation and them appearing friendly, which is no doubt their job.

I don't blame you, I bet a lot of people thought he broke something too

That's not horrible, people are curious, and when you see someone on crutches you're going to wonder what happened. He probably gets it all the time. It's not like you were pointing and laughing at the crippled kid.

doofinsmurf 0

Would you happen to be touring South Park Elementry? That could be Jimmy. Psh. Whadda jerk.

Poster_Pastry 0

uhh how is that an fml?? he told you what happened. why would that fyl?

malisa916 7

For people confused about why the child would be using crutches and have a cast on his leg, he could possibly have been born with club feet. I was, and I spent a lot of my younger years on crutches with my leg casted due to surgeries to help repair the deformity. Not saying it is club feet, just saying it could be, or something of the like.