Asshat

By marenthehollow - 31/10/2016 00:33 - United States - American Fork

Today, I got yelled at by a customer for saving them money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 554
You deserved it 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's exactly why the person whom coined the phrase, "The customer is always right," was clearly wrong.

Comments

you must have met my grandfather.. he likes it his way!! d*** it!!

Shay_Shay97 23

How the hell does that work? Am I missing something?

I totally got distracted by an ad of I guess Hillary Clintons daughters rack and it was nice enough to make this comment

So what was it that they threw on the ground?

FalloutScrolls 25

Sounds like someone had some leftover guilt from double coupon day...

op tbh i feel bad for you im a waiter and i deal with shitty people with no sense all the time

When someone's description of their conduct in a dispute is THIS innocuous yet simultaneously short on detail, it just makes me wonder what's being left out. For instance, HOW were they being saved money? Was it by being pestered to sign up for a membership card or something? It doesn't automatically mean this IS such a situation, but there are a ton of serious wrongdoings (or at least legitimate annoyances) that can be reworded into something innocent as long as you use as few details as possible. There's a good chance you've heard someone who's wronged you before describe their actions in similar ways. Of course, this is just skepticism and paranoia on my part. It doesn't mean I'm right about it on this one.

More context, please? It's hard to know what to say when there's so little detail.