Asshat

By marenthehollow - 31/10/2016 00:33 - United States - American Fork

Today, I got yelled at by a customer for saving them money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 554
You deserved it 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's exactly why the person whom coined the phrase, "The customer is always right," was clearly wrong.

Comments

Notalwaysright They'd love to hear your story over on that site.

This has actually happened to me before too. I worked in fast food for a while, and a guy wanted a sandwich, drink, and fries. Which is a combo. But when I asked he said he didn't want the combo. I told him it would save him money, and he didn't care. The system automatically made it a combo, and he got pissed and asked to speak to my manager.

Why do people post FML like this with no context? Please just stop.

I usually find when people describe something bad happening to them for doing something that is absolutely, pristinely, purely harmless, but extremely short on details, it's because there's more to the story that would make it look a little less squeaky-clean. Not always, of course. I'm a crabby skeptic, not a fortune-teller.

I once had a guy in drive-thru cut me off to scream at me and speed away for the same thing. So sorry, next time I'll just let you pay the extra $2 for the stuff you told me you didn't want.

You're going to find rotten people wherever you go. This is the only case I've had someone so upset over coupons in my 4 and a half months working in retail.

Ok hi OP here! I tried explaining this once before but it's apparent the comment didn't go through... ANYWAY So I work in a craft store. I was helping this older physically disabled woman and her offspring (not sure if a guy or a girl...). They had about 160$ worth of items. They wanted to use 2 coupons, one of them not being able to work with any other coupon, which I tried explaining before scanning it, and suggested 2 other coupons that would save them more money. They got really upset and were starting to raise their voices. I was the only one working the registers and I could see that the other customer in line was looking uncomfortable. All in all, they took my advice, which saved them nearly 40$ more than what they would have saved if they used that coupon.

LevelupKid 8

and this is the daily part of my life where I gotta ask, "what the **** is wrong with people?"