Ah, those were the times…

By Anonymous - 27/12/2013 20:50 - United States - Ely

Today, my 19-year-old brother subjected me to yet another rant about how the writers of My Little Pony aren't writing the show for people like him any more, the "true fans", otherwise known as pimply-faced adults who don't use deodorant and only shower once a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 496
You deserved it 4 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nederlander95 14

Sorry you have to live with this kid. How does one get into my little pony anyway?

Damn Bronys. Hows his fedora collection?

Comments

They probably never write for the unexpected fans anymore because the general fandom is really spiteful.

It's creepy when older guys like my little pony. It's made for little girls.

Just like pants are made for men and should only be worn by males. Or like cooking is only for women. Just because something leans more towards one gender doesn't mean the other gender is forbidden to like it.

XIceBlueX 21

I like Pokemon and that's a show for little boys, so am I a creep?

lmao @ people who claim MLP is intended for any demographic other than little girls. don't be delusional

You mean like the show's creator? She specifically wanted to make it a show everyone will enjoy and not just little girls.

Sinamoi 18

82- The vast majority of us are aware that the show is made for little girls. That doesn't mean, however that Hasbro has neglected their biggest audience. The fandom may be obnoxious, but when your company is raking in tons of money from them, why would you care?

I'm so sorry OP. I've seen what Bronies are capable of. I'm all for live and let live, but the whole grown man MLP cult is just bizarre and stupid.

virtually every brony I've ever dealt with is a reactionary, insulting, overly defensive, obsessive, bullying manbaby. can't stand 'em

Basically every person I've met that opposed the show so vehemently like you is judgmental and knows nothing about those of us who are normal. You group us as a whole based on those you've met and those you haven't. Anyone could enjoy the show. One of your best friends could enjoy the how yet they're too scared to tell you because you're so mean about it. Or maybe you secretly like the show and you're trying to hide it by being mean. Who knows? But none of that gives you the reason to say what I've seen you say throughout all these comments. You say that bronies are insulting? Maybe you insulted them first so they got defensive.

#102, you just proved his point you moron. :/

#105 You just proved HIS point. He's defensive, but because everyone else is OFFENSIVE. I'm not a fan of MLP personally, but don't criticize someone else's being defensive, when everyone else is only offensive.

so? it's really not that hard, when encountering a "hater" or whatever, to just not leave a comment and ignore them. but in my experience bronies are incapable of doing this. they ALWAYS have to get the last word in, and more often than not they're incredibly nasty about it

this comments thread probably makes me seem kinda hypocritical and I normally do practice what I preach and ignore things I don't like, but bronies really do grind my gears

I didn't prove his point. It wasn't my intention to insult him, and if I did I apologize. What Grinds my Gears is someone who judges me for liking a show when they don't know me personally.

I would also like to say that I don't care about getting the last word in. I care about defending my character as a human being. I'm sorry if that makes myself seem like I'm trying to get the last word in.

One last thing (ran out of time while editing 3:) but the fact that a lot of bronies are annoying bothers me. I get annoyed with my own "kind" just as you do.

Dude, you watch a show made for little girls, you're a creep and loser.

ShadowlessSpear 21

Still trying to get the last word in.....

I don't see why you should be in other people's business. If they like something you don't like, don't worry about it, worry about yourself. Let them be who they are, even if you disagree. Don't waste your time worrying about someone else or making things bad for them just because you disagree because no matter what you say it isn't going to change how they think. I'm an adult female and I happen to love the show, and people still get rude with me about it. No, bronies are not sick, we just happen to enjoy the show. Just leave them be, if you really dislike them. It's not like that's the only thing to talk about.

Did you miss the "my 19-year-old brother subjected me to yet another rant" part?

Well all bronies are bronies, for a grown man to be a fan of a show called "My Little Pony" is just ******* creepy. There's something wrong there.

Kuro_Kamen 12

We live in a world were 2 people of the same sex still have problems trying to get married and yet y'all is making a fuss about adults still watching cartoons that are aimed towards little girls. What's wrong with you? BTW OP your brother, assuming he doesn't shower, needs to get his hygiene in check more than anything plus just be tolerant of hos habit, I know my younger brother tolerates a lot of crap I like.

The_Tenth_Doctor 14

That show has been brought back so many times it's basically a 30 min toy commercial because thats hasbros main purpose sell toys when toy sales drop they'll drop the show again for a couple years then bring it back.

Someone should tell him that REAL MAP fans are 40 year old women who can't grow up, lol.

Well it looks like to me he needs to study that subject matter a bit more...

I agree. The latest episodes haven't been as good as the older ones though the animation part is a lot better. I still think they never should have taken derpy off the show just because she has crooked eyes sounded more like a boy than a girl and is really clumsy. People always assume that if you are a little clumsy or have lazy eye you're automatically a retard and offend people. And bronies aren't 'weird' or 'gay' a lot of people like children shows/movies. Almost every adult I know loves classic Disney movies like the little mermaid or even Mickey Mouse. It's not weird for an older person to like something that was first intended for children. Mlp is a good show its entertaining and it's somewhat educational. You should really give it a shot, watch at least one episode before you judge. I was actually a hater at first thinking mlp was 'gay' and 'retarded' until I started watching it.

TheWebHead 3

The writers just don't know how to appreciate the true bronies