You what?

By unknown - 02/11/2013 21:10 - Canada - Courtenay

Spicy
Today, I sat down with my daughter to have the sex talk, because she recently started seeing a guy. I mentioned at one point how disappointed I would be if she got pregnant. She went wide-eyed and asked, "Didn't mom tell you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 498
You deserved it 6 891

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Scorpio1691 29

I'm half wondering if she is pulling your leg, just to get a reaction.

Comments

I would say that your slightly too late for that particular talk... Now would be the time for thinking about the how to look after a baby talk.

Rainhawk94 27

I'm pretty sure after that stunt if it is one, OP is locking his daughter in a tower

Maybe she should give you the sex talk.

TrinityisLife 22

Sounds like there's a serious communication breakdown in your family that you all need to sit down together and fix.

AntiPrude 26

If shes capable of becoming pregnant, shes in her teens. YDI for not educating her when it was important.

sezual 15

Not necessarily, a woman is capable of falling pregnant once she begins her menstrual cycle. Although rare, some can begin as early as age 9. Having said that, chances are a lot higher that she is a teenager (I refuse to believe 9 year olds are having sex).

TrinityisLife 22

Youngest on record to be pregnant was a 5 year old Peruvian girl.

Damn, OP. Ya done goofed. I'm sorry, but YDI. It truly is the parents' fault when their child becomes preggers at a young age.

Sadly it's not always the parents fault I was 20 when I had my oldest and my sister was 16, obviously raised by the same parents and way before 16 and pregnant. TV tries to glorify being a teen mom maybe that's why it's happening so much now

bandeek 30

It's actually happening less now. Teen pregnancy has gone down a lot, but because of things like 16 and pregnant you just hear about it more.

There is not just one thing you can blame (besides the teens that are careless enough to get pregnant because without a sex talk it is still common sense for teenagers that unprotected will most likely result in a baby and maybe STD's) I think part is the parents because they don't talk about it. I find in the United States that parents are very uncomfortable when it comes to talking about sex. They hope that if they don't talk about it that it is not happening. I also blame education. Yes there is sex ed. but first of all the class was awful and not very informative. Plus many don't take the class seriously. Lastly (this isn't really anyone's fault) the United States is more accepting of teen pregnancy. Sorry that I pick on the U.S. it is my go-to example for teen pregnancy even though there are probably more countries with teen pregnancy problems. Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes, but English is my second language.

graceinsheepwear 33

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Maybe the parents are divorced and the dad doesn't get to see his daughter as much as he would like. Maybe he barely found out she has a boyfriend last week. Obviously there's a lack of communication between the parents, but the question is why.

AntiPrude 26

Why, whats the problem with the dad doing do it

There's a possibility that the daughter asked her mum to tell her dad for her. If the mum knew the dad's opinion on teenage pregnancy maybe she held off a while. Meaning that OP wouldn't know they've had a "talk".

I know it's not my place but might I suggest putting the baby up for adoption because a small mistake of keeping the baby could ruin her life and she might regret it for the rest of her life if she didn't put the baby up for adoption :)

AntiPrude 26

Actually she should just have an abortion via pill so it doesnt ruin her petite body, or put her life at risk. Also saves her from turning up to school with a huge belly and being bullied.

SuperMew 22

Not all babies are adopted out. While adoption seems like the fairy tale we all want to hear, Op's daughter is the main concern, not a fetus. The daughter could be too young to have the child or she could want to keep it.

Giving away the baby is also likely to ruin her life. It's a huge mental trauma that is rarely spoken about, so it is not a good option.

I'm sorry, ruin her petite body? Where does it say in the FML that OPs daughter is petite? Also if the daughter didn't want to have a kid in her teens, she shouldn't have been having sex so young. Yeah her schoolmates will probably tease her, but unless she was raped, no one forced her into this position. She had sex at a young age and pregnancy is one of the potential consequences of it. She should keep the baby because she obviously needs a lesson in responsibility.

kingdomgirl94 29

yes of course. "shame on you missy, now maybe if you almost die or miscarry you'll learn the lesson that we didn't teach you" seriously? **** up her life and the baby's life so she can learn a lesson? I'm fairly certain that all this is enough of a lesson as it stands.

You know, I'm personally not overly keen on hearing all these underage pregnancies but if the people engaging in the act are both ready and taking the necessary precautions then they should do it. Admittedly you should have a back up plan just in case but as someone mentioned before protection can sometimes fail. I really don't think making her keep the baby just for a lesson is the right thing to do. 1) It could potentially ruin her body and mental health. 2) She could resent the baby if she wasn't initially intending to keep it. An innocent baby doesn't deserve that. 3) She may have learnt her lesson just by the fact that she is pregnant. She may have thought to herself "I'm not ready to be a mum, I haven't finished school and I want to be able to provide."

60, you've said this many times and I have to say, I don't think anyone is for forcing young girls to die to avoid abortion. If her health is at risk her, her family, the father, and doctors will discuss options and do whatever they feel is right. No one wants her to die, but we're not for killing an innocent life unnecessarily either. Adoption is no more emotionally scarring than abortion. I have a brother somewhere in the world my mother gets sad thinking about, but she's happy knowing she gave him life and chances he wouldn't have had with her. On the other hand, I've had a friend institutionalized a few years following an abortion because she tried to kill herself due to guilt.

AntiPrude 26

@43 OP's daughter is a young teen, therefore her body is small, and petite, you cretin. Sorry if that word was too big for you to understand. Maybe the daughter didnt understand the consequences properly because she wasnt EDUCATED, because noone gave her the damn talk. So what? You think forcing a young girl into labor being used as a human birthing pod, traumatizing her for life, is a great 'lesson' do you? I love how you hyper-moral retards stick to you simplistic 'values' but then seem fine with torturing people. @74 "innocent life"? It has not developed into a damn life yet you fool. What are you talking about? Of course adoption is more mentally scarring! Or do you think going through the excruciating pain of birth and then giving away your flesh and blood is just a big picnic? Yeah, your mother got to CHOOSE, and thats what OP should have, a CHOICE, as to whether SHE as a child or not. Yeah and I've heard 100s of stories of girls whos lives are ruined because they reproduced when they hadnt even left school. They didnt get a career, they didnt get to travel, they just worked as a mentor to the next generation. What a great existence that is.

While I think that abortion should definitely be an option to consider, I think both sides are forgetting that it is the girl's choice now. The parents shouldn't make her do anything, but help her and support her by telling her her options. She may not want to have an abortion. She may want to keep the baby. She chose to have sex, so she gets to make the next choice as well. And on a side note, I really don't think the abortion pill is a good option. It's not legal in most places because it can have serious side effects. While a potentially more traumatic procedure, a traditional abortion is relatively routine and less likely to have complications.

Wow.. Just wow.. That's just shocking. Sounds like she didn't seem upset about it