You can't explain that

By anonymous - 20/02/2014 05:27 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I was doing a science presentation about glucose. There were around 20 judges at the event who could've judged me, but instead I got judged by the only person in the whole entire world who doesn't know what glucose is, and doesn't think it exists. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 256
You deserved it 3 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could probably complain about the judge, explain the situation and ask for another one. It's worth a shot.

How can someone judging science presentations possibly not know what glucose is?

Comments

I'm assuming you lost because if you hadn't, you wouldn't have posted this FML...you're in Canada. It was my belief that EVERYONE wins in Canada. Report him to the unfair department! He must be punished!!! (But fairly. Cause it's Canada.)

HJKM_fml 19

#53, can't you read the sarcasm in my words?

The judge probably did know, but had to play dumb in order to properly access your knowledge of the subject. If you were unable to explain your project completely and thoroughly, you would not advance to the finals. Hopefully, you were not too flustered by this and explained it well.

How could they not know what glucose is and be a judge? FYL

tompou6 19

Under whatever rock they took that judge from; they should put him back.

wowsaint 4

Lodge a formal complain about the judge.

Accidentally pressed you deserved it... But WOW what an idiot! As a biology major it is just astounding that any person doesn't know what glucose is, let alone someone who is judging a science competition. That is ridiculous.

knoxxx 22

YDI. Like others have said, science presentations are about being able to explain and present your research in a way that someone with no prior knowledge of the subject could understand.

Perhaps they were acting like it wasn't real to see if you could convince him that it's real with all the information; thus showing superior knowledge on the subject?

HJKM_fml 19

I would think the judges would be just a bit more qualified for a school/university sanctioned event. Did you get the name of the judge? I would obtain written permission to re-present your project in front of the head of this event.