Plagiarism sucks

By Anonymous - 15/10/2010 13:03 - United States

Today, I was supposed to present a speech on diabetes. The girl who went first chose the same subject, knowing I'm diabetic and that it was my topic. I went last, so I had to change half of my speech on the spot. I sounded ignorant about my own illness. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 036
You deserved it 6 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI, don't see the reason to change your speech...

I could be wrong but did you really need to change your speech?

Comments

YDI, don't see the reason to change your speech...

caester9 0

That's why you tell your instructor ahead of time what your topic is. YDI

I could be wrong but did you really need to change your speech?

No she did not need to. If her speech was better than the girls then she should have presented it. If it was not as good she only made it worse. Either way the origional plan (OP) was the way to go. P.S Cool pic # 3

twinny_sc 13

I altered the intro an conclusion. if I hadn't, I would have sounded like more of a moron

That was a really moronic thing to do. Why the **** did you feel the need to change it? If the teacher calls you out on having the same content as the bitch who purposely tried to take you down a notch, then it's his/her problem, not yours. But since you decided to improvise instead of reading off your presumably half-decent paper, YDDI (You Definitely Deserved It).

I altered the intro an conclusion. if I hadn't, I would have sounded like more of a moron

My point was that it would be unfair to expect you to be able to change it at such short notice, therefore in short, you should've done what you originally intended to do.

FYLDeep 25

"I take glucose when my blood sugar is low and insulin when it's high. That concludes my speech on diabetes. Herp derp a doo"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

36, glucose meters draw blood samples to measure, and every serious diabetic I've known uses one at least occasionally.

36 You obviously don't know what you're talking about, my dad was a diabetic and he often took his own blood samples.

The_Big_Mac 7

Yea, my moms diabetic has to take a sample once a day at least. It's mainly to see how well the insulin amounts taken are controlling your blood sugar, and having accurate records of that makes it easier to determine if a dosage adjustment is necessary. Also it works to see if there are improvements in diet changes and exercise regiments that may enable you to possibly get away from insulin use. The records will show a decrease in blood sugar along with weight which allows for lower dosage which ultimately could lead to being off insulin, for a while if not hopefully for good.

seriously 36? I'm a type 1 diabetic. have been since I was 5, and I draw blood 5-7 times a day to check blood sugar. if your ex didn't draw blood, she obviously didnt control her diabetes well.

Should of kept it the same. Prove to everybody that you are smarter then her, and make here look like an idiot.

Should have* smarter than she* make her* Do people really think that it's "should of" rather than "should have?" Really?

The "should of" thing always bothers me as well. And yes, most people I know, even those that are otherwise well-educated, think that it's "should of".

You scared me, Doc! The comments must be doing the alternate dimension thing, because I'm seeing these two as replies to my comment. I thought a mod was messing with me or something, because I KNOW I would NEVER say "should of."

You scared me, Doc! The comments must be doing the alternate dimension thing, because I'm seeing these two as replies to my comment. I thought a mod was messing with me or something, because mine does have a "should've", and I KNOW I would never say "should of."

Schizomaniac 24

Hahahaha. The same thing that happened to Jane happened to me. I saw the response as a reply to Jane's comment, and I was like "This moron is completely wrong." Stupid comments.

Redmoon963 0

who cares what it is just talking my god

metal8214 0

I would have slaughtered the girl before you, and make your speech about how to properly gut a person :) don't let them worry, you will share what's left of her body :)

birds_fml 7

I had the same speech as a girl in my class. Big deal, we both did our original speech, and were graded by the teacher based on our individual speech. Who cares if it's the same topic? YDI