By Disappointed - 19/02/2014 21:33 - United Kingdom - Brighton

Today, after 10 months of hard work, it was the opening night of the show I was directing. Everybody loved it, except my mother. She called it the worst thing she'd ever seen. Thanks for the support, mum. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 982
You deserved it 3 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deard4 11

At least you still received the support of the crowd! Good job!

Maybe mother doesn't know best this time.

Comments

deard4 11

At least you still received the support of the crowd! Good job!

But nearly everyone would kill for their mothers approval.. That would be a kick in the guts, sorry OP

It's hard to see the brighter side of things when your mom reacts as she did, OP. Just try to keep in mind what you did accomplish and know you can't please everyone, including your mom.

That's why I am happy I don't care what my mom thinks

Aw OP, some family can't appreciate the things we do. I'm sure you did great and everyone else enjoyed it. Congrats!

\ 28

Parents aren't always automatically NOT assholes, y'know.

ClassyFade 9

How is that being a mother? Being a (good) mother is being supportive of whatever you do, even if it's not the best. In this case, it was seemingly pretty darn good.

Maybe mother doesn't know best this time.

This is what I don't get, people always saying if someone doesn't like something, usually having the minority opinion, it's automatically jealousy. Maybe they just genuinely don't like it?! Is it so catastrophic to have a negative opinion that it has to be envy? No! In some cases maybe, but not all!

The term Brony is kinda like the term bro. A woman can be your bro, you can have a bromance with a woman. In less cultural terms, it's like the difference between post carrier and post woman

Shut the **** up #10. First off, you shouldn't call someone a brony just by looking at their profile picture. Second of all, she's female.

You know you did a great job OP! The crowd loved it. Have confidence in that. I can't imagine directing something like this. Congrats!

At least she believed in you enough to show up.

Then gave the worst response someone would hope not to get...

Some parents will just never appreciate anything their child does--especially if it's something they don't understand/approve of, such as the arts. There's really nothing you can do about it.

Hey! At least you were able to win the admiration if everyone else!