You can't explain that

By anonymous - 20/02/2014 05:27 - Canada - Victoria

Today, I was doing a science presentation about glucose. There were around 20 judges at the event who could've judged me, but instead I got judged by the only person in the whole entire world who doesn't know what glucose is, and doesn't think it exists. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 256
You deserved it 3 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could probably complain about the judge, explain the situation and ask for another one. It's worth a shot.

How can someone judging science presentations possibly not know what glucose is?

Comments

I actually recently won in my category at the science fair near me and let me just say it's hard trying to explain your project to people who know zero about what your talking about no matter how simple your project.

On the bright side, you can amaze him with you're superior knowledge of the term glucose and get an A+.

How does anyone not know what glucose is? The mind boggles. I didn't realize the U.S. was exporting the stupid. Sorry about that.

The mind boggles that the idea of giving a presentation is so misunderstood. The entire point, particularly for a general science topic, is to present something in a convincing fashion so that it is understandable to an audience with no prior knowledge of the subject. If you you are unable to make your case to an outside observer who is likely feigning ignorance and hoping that you will impress, then you have failed. To whine that the judge didn't fill in the gaps of your presentation by himself and then grade you on his own knowledge is incredibly ridiculous.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

I just watched This Is The End,, it reminds me about the intro before they eat Carl's Jr

Glucose is something you learn about in basic science courses. How can you judge a science presentation and not know what that is?

Plot Twist: The "judge" was actually apart of the custodians.

buttcramp 21

tell the person who runs the science fair and see what they can do for you!

That sounds like the gym teacher I had in high school. She failed a student for a food science project because she was in an early phase of the Atkins' diet and couldn't eat the fresh fruit the student brought in. We didn't even have any restrictions for the project when she assigned it. Some people, honestly.

I wonder where that judge thinks we get the precursors for the neurotransmitter glutamate from.