XXXL

By ardenm - 12/02/2009 05:45 - United States

Today, when I tried on a pair of pants at the mall, I asked the salesperson if I could have the next size up. She informed me that there wasn't a next size up. I have to LOSE weight to fit into the biggest pair of pants the store makes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 710
You deserved it 38 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yeah.. you could've also prevented this.. it would have been weirder if you couldnt fit in the smallest size..

Take a 20-40 min walk every day and lose some weight... for your health's sake.

Comments

yeah.. you could've also prevented this.. it would have been weirder if you couldnt fit in the smallest size..

The obvious reply to this and all other "boo hoo I'm fat so give me your sympathy" FMLs: IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE FAT, THEN DONT BE FAT

ryguy997 0

hey I usualy don't fit in the smallest there are very dew stores with pants slim enough for me.

danab_fml 0

I don't understand why you capitalized lose.

terranada 3

and it trurns out she's actually a size 7 and was shopping at abercrombie and fitch :P

020266t 5

that's your problem, may I suggest no burger king?

Last time I checked, stores don't make clothes, they sell them.

53, some try, and can't lose weight cause of diseases. I think you should consider yourself lucky you're healthy, if that's the case.

I wouldn't consider myself that obese but there's still TONS of mall stores that have a generally small size selection that I can't fit into

Take a 20-40 min walk every day and lose some weight... for your health's sake.

Is the store abercrombie? If it is then dont beat yourself up too much...

I'm an extra small in abercrombie..? I've seen the biggest pair of jeans in abercrombie and they are PRETTY large.

I was an extra small at Abercrombie when I was eight. I suggest you GAIN weight.

Gain weight? Do you want OP to be sick? Why would you say that?

TC_fml 0

Did you try Lane Bryant or Plus Size? If this incident occurred in one of these stores, perhaps its time to put the fork down. Couch to fridge and back does not count as a jog.

If you're interested, I went on a program called Ideal Protien. It's a difficult "life style change" but I lost 7 pounds in the first week and had to stop cuz I got fired and didn't have the extra $70 a week for their food. It truely works though. I have 50 pounds to lose that I gained in the hospital after a bad caar accident. I'm on my way, you can be to if that is what you wish to do. Also, being over weight is not the end of the world, it's when the rest of your body is suffering for it like your heart and liver, etc. Everyone is beautiful in their own.

Maybe it's time to stop shopping at Delias

i agree w/ #19, if it's because of an unhealthy weight, try to work on it. if it's because you're tall and need bigger jeans... who cares about the size?!

i agree wholeheartedly with #22. i've always been classified as overweight, but my doctor says it's not healthy for me to lose anymore weight, as that's just my body's shape. thinking that everyone who is overweight or obese needs to stop eating and start dieting is stereotypical and thoughtless. not everyone is born to be a size 6 and shaped perfectly. i do understand that this isn't always the case, but if you look at pin-up girls years ago, they are not the size 0 or size 2 models of today. over the years, our culture has placed too much value on being thin and mistakenly assume that thin is for everybody. and that's how we get diseases like anorexia and bulimia that appear in a vast amount of our population today.

ReturnOfTheRat 6

While i do agree with everything your saying, I just want to make one point saying that diseases of anorexia and bulimia were around before media went crazy with being thin. And I know first hand that media isn't the only reason people develop these problems. But I agree they certainly don't help.