VPN time

By Hannah - 01/03/2010 03:16 - United States

Today, I got excited because I found a chat line for teens who are dealing with depression. I signed up and was about to enter the chat room when a message popped up that said, ''Sorry this is only available for teens in the United Kingdom.'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 850
You deserved it 4 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sure there is a plethora of like sites that you can visit. Google would be a good place to start ;) Keep your head up kid.

hayleyukulele 0

depressed people can get excited too, ignorant pricks

Comments

I like he he's from Ohio but got rejected for being from the united kingdom, and some place in france is the defult city so it's not that.......

mikeyboi19 5

dude you're in the united states! we got friggin free hotlines and in some areas free help for depressed kids. honestly, does depression also cause stupidity.

tweetbaby14 18

well this isn't an fml there's numbers and counselors and stuff like that

asianwolf 2

it's still funny that she got rejected

lol I actually know what hotline your talking about XD I actually go on it to screw with the people on the otherline XD

wow get a life toasty, if that's your idea of "fun" you're ******* pathetic.

@81 yeah because it's funny to screw with people when it's dealing with something serious like depression.

ur an asshole y would u screw with kids that have depression.

FYLDeep 25

They need to keep those lines open for British people. Just think how much more depressed you would be if you had to live in the UK.

oh no op can't get into a depressed chat room...the world has come to an end-_-

FYLDeep 25

Wait, your mom's not Marie Osmond is she?

tweetbaby14 18

well they do need those open for British kids I dated a British guy he was a little er crazy and weird...

@ #146 - the UK is f*ck loads better than the US, tosser.

meowmeowmeow7 2
Raiden353 0

If you got excited how can you say you are depressed?

Maddoctor 10

best to understand the condition before you poke at them... depression is a long term mental medical condition... those suffering from it find it harder ( not impossible) to become excited...

i've been diagnosed w/depression for 12 years now... in my years of depression I frequently got excited --- party, bars, sure.. lots of fun ---- but sooner or later they start to visually bum out and eventually leave... depression, put in simple terms is a person who always who 'defaults' to unenergetic, sad, and inverted...

depressed people CAN get excited......

If you (or anyone) is really serious about people with depression being unable to get excited for any reason, you're obviously very new to the world. If you're trying to be ironic, it really isn't funny either. I hate to break it to you.

Jesus_is_Lord 0

The only way to get over depression is threw Jesus Christ... nothing else will fulfill you like him, he loves everybody and wants to have a relationship with anyone who come to him!!

yottskry 0

Yes, there's no better way to do absolutely nothing and still feel like you're helping than through prayer and the Lord. After all, the Lord was so good at preventing earthquakes in Chile and Haiti, wasn't he? I can't believe people still believe this nonsense. It's 2010 for goodness sake. Religion and everyone who follows it belong in the dark ages.

fatalkiss 0

97 SHUT THE **** UP. don't push your Jesus shit on people. you wanna get crucified do your thing alone

You spelled through wrong, and go **** youself

boatkicker 4

This is FML, not LETS-SHOUT-ABOUT-RELIGION.com. (so far as I know that's not a real website..... just so you all know that) While non-religious myself, I also understand that it does have a lot of benefits for a lot of people, and find the "Religion is pointless, outdated and idiotic" type comments very offensive. Just because it doesn't help you, does not mean it doesn't help people. It gives moral guidance, a sense of purpose, a community, and its also comforting to think there is someone watching over you. Those are all great things that are built into religion. However, I find a lot of the response comments equally offensive. "You're going to hell" comments are just as rude. I know at least Christians are supposed to leave the judging up to God (Admittedly I know very little about other religions).Telling them that they're going to hell isn't your job, nor is insulting them. You're entitled to your opinion, (believing they will go to hell) but you are not God, adn you don't actually get to decide those things. Both sides of this really need to stop it and grow up, or else take it somewhere off FML, because I'm going to guess that most people here get just as annoyed as I do seeing it.

I had someone watching over me once... didn't end well.

This is more of a one-sided argument. As far as I see it, Jesus_is_Lord is just suggesting to the OP that Jesus could help. He isn't being a troll at all; a troll would try to impose their religion through threats and false information ("You're gonna go to Hell if you don't pray"). He's simply stating what he believes is the right thing to do; don't we all?

The only thing I would scold him on is the "the only way" thing. If he expanded upon that idea, he would be trolling.

boatkicker 4

Edit: my comment about the religious people arguing back was not directed at jesus_is_lord, but at noobsauce108. I put it in both places.

honestlove11 0

I'm an evangelist christian, and I love to spread the word.. but there is no need to shove it at random people on the Internet.. also, do you realize what the F stands for in fml? lol

He did that because we diserves it fir vein self centered greedy bastards. have fun in hell. I hope God forgives your sins I'll pray for you :-) God Bless all :)

Depression hurts, Cymbalta can help. Talk to your doctor today.

FlyMeAway 2

I believe in Jesus as well, but this is really not the place to try to push your beliefs on other people.

I'm sure there is a plethora of like sites that you can visit. Google would be a good place to start ;) Keep your head up kid.

Yeah. Although I don't really see how this is an FML. The website wasnt available. Just google another site. It's pretty much the same as someone saying FML because the YouTube video wasnt available in their country. And for those of you who are going to say "it's an FML because she has depression", the way it's written implies that her life is ****** because of the websites unavailability.

you got excited yet you're depressed? that makes sense. ydi for "being depressed"

runaway102 0

can you be anymore ignorant??!!?? **** your parents life for having such a dumbass for a kid!

wow that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. ydi for being depressed?! like WTF?!?!? based on that, you probably come from a rich family and get everything you want. not everyone has it as easy as you. you cant help depression from happening. think before you say these things

Asstazztic 8

You my friend are not depressed :)

hey snickers spelled the wrong :D *Nazi grammar hero*•••• はは

hayleyukulele 0

depressed people can get excited too, ignorant pricks

treesdevin 0

not comment 11 ... he's depressed too

you're going to be in an even greater depression after you read these comments about your FML.

yeah a lot of people on this site can be ignorant. depression sucks. just keep looking for a good site. you could always talk to a friend about it.

GodBarack 5

How did this get on here anyway? This website is to post funny stories so people can have a laugh. Depression is not funny! (Although the oxymoron here is)

I agree, depression is not funny :-( However, the oxymoronic statements made by those here whom do not suffer depression.... that's funny

zippit09 0

I think just plain "moronic statements" would have done ^.^

Asstazztic 8

Hayley is just upset because she is a little emo **** who cuts herself because she is too ugly for anyone to like her.. Am I on the right track?